Can i ask weight watchers or slimmin world

Mrs JJ

I have always done ww and it has worked in the past, now have to start again.

I have been toying with slimming world but as I am running out of time to lose 2 st that I have to do what I know works for me....

What would you do?

I've lost 7 stone on slimming world so believe in it completely :) I lost 5 pounds in my first week by sticking to it 100%

That is great well done.

I know that with ww as long as I have the app or my calculator I can always work out the points, but I am finding it hard those unexpected meals that I can't plan for?

There is an app for slimming world too :) personally I don't think you can compare the two diets. You really have to get your head into SW way. Lots of free foods rather than everything having points.

Tips for eating out:

Jacket potato with no butter with beans and salad
Gammon and egg with salad and Jacket
Steak and salad and jacket

As long as you don't have dressings and sauces these would be ok

Hope that helps

I am liking the freedom that slimming world offers, I have looked at doing SW on line but it seems so expensive

I can't get to class so am trying to work this out on my own

Any help would very much be appreciated

I can't promote the classes enough personally. I know it's a cost but I always pay for 5 weeks at a time and then you get the sixth one for free. This makes it just over £4 a week which I think is a good investment in your health. It's not just the app you get access to its the whole group and tips and encouragement from other people too. Worth every penny I'd say :)

I have always done ww and it has worked in the past, now have to start again.

I have been toying with slimming world but as I am running out of time to lose 2 st that I have to do what I know works for me....

What would you do?

Hi Sweetie, I tried SW and put on weight, couldn't control my portion sizes (Oops!). There's two things I love about WW, you can eat ANYTHING as long as you point it which means I don't have to buy any 'special food' to follow the plan and secondly eating out is so easy on WW as you can just make sensible choices and of course there are the Weeklies if they are needed. X

Hiya

I did SW when I was pregnant and had great success keeping the weight down. I do love the plan but I've never been successful long term losing weight but WW has always been my weight loss route to success.

Both plans are great but it depends on your lifestyle and how you want to commit to losing weight.

If your prepared to cook your majority of meals from scratch, have good portion control and be prepared to stay within a limited amount of 'treats'. Then SW is the way and you will be rewarded with no weighing and hopefully weight loss.

If you want the freedom of having the option of convenience food, are prepared to weigh everything and count your points then WW is your way.

You do also have the option that you can follow WW Simply Filling which is very familiar to SW.

I have simplified the above to just the main commitments I believe you have to give to get the results. Obviously there is a lot more to both plans and to go into real depth would be one big post lol

I honestly believe that your main decision has to be down to how it fits with your lifestyle. If a diet doesn't suit you then you will struggle to be successful.

I hope this helps, if not just ignore ha ha ha

Back