Can I drink whilst on CD

I have been on SS for 5 days, I have been asked out with some friends and was wondering if it would be ok to drink. Im a lover of wine, but I think carries the most calories.

Can anyone advise as Im sure my CDC mentioned that drinking can be fatal!!

your cdc is right....... listen to her/him if you are going to drink dont do the diet your health is at danger so don not drink wine or any alcohol :)

gin and vodka don't have any carbs but drinking on only 3 shakes a day isn't safe or healthy.

I've decided that as I'm not telling my friends about the diet, that I'm going to avoid meals out etc just by saying I'm on a low carb plan and I'm detoxing from alcohol. Less comments so far...

Just have a diet coke & drive, no one approves of dring driving so u should be fine.

if you are going to drink, its best to have a good meal before it to line your stomach. i drunk on my friends hen do, i had an all-day breakfast as it was mainly protein with small amount of carbs but i didnt go mad on the drink in the night either, i had a few cocktails and drunk water in between every one so i felt better in the morning. as long as u line your stomach and dont have a load to drink, you should be ok :)

I went out for my sister's birthday! And stuck to water/ diet coke but then my drink near the end of the night was spiked with a single vodka! I had one sip of it and felt so ill and dizzy from it, it knocked me out of ketosis and took ages to get back into it! Like most people have already mentioned you must, must eat something before you go as it's not just the carbs that are bad on this diet but the actual alcohol in itself!

Back