can I expect a loss next week?

dellybelly

Silver Member
Its been a really busy couple of days and I've had a few blips My son was 5 today and spent the afternoon at his birthday party which was torture I can tell you. I'll not tell you what I ate but neither of the blips together would be the equivalent of a full meal and I haven't had my third shake either today or yesterday. Should I still take today's shake?

Can I still expect to see a loss next week if I'm 100% from now until weigh in next friday?

You should still have a loss Delly, but obviously not as much as you would have.. As long as you get back on track and stay 100% till Friday, you should be fine x x

I meant to add, try and make sure you have all 3 shakes. Not taking one will not necessarily help you lose more weight, but may make you prone to illnesses, bugs etc. because you are not getting all the nutrients your body needs on a daily basis x x

Thanks Su can you tell me anything about exercise on lipotrim? Does it help you lose weight or gain ? Are you allowed to if you're on a vlcd?

I know people do, but they advise you not to for the first week or so, then it's fine.. I am one of life's lazy moos and i don't exercise.. Having said that i have started walking my little girl to and from school more often, and only today i made a conscious promise that when they are back at school i am going to do my wii fit daily... I also have one of those ab belt toning things but i have hardly used that either!! lol

I really don't know if it helps you lose or if you gain cos they say muscle weighs more than fat (how true that is i don't know).. Are you a regular exerciser? I know there are people on the forums who have had amazing losses and done no exercise at all, and other have also lost but have exercised..

Someone more clever than me will be along i am sure x x x

Well, I go for a walk with my mum on saturday and sunday mornings but I used to go to curves 3 times a week. I'm still paying my membership fees so I was thinking I may as well go back and get my money's worth but wasn't sure if it would affect my LT weightloss in a negative way or maybe I'd be lucky and it would help me recover quicker from the blips I had at the weekend.

Well, I go for a walk with my mum on saturday and sunday mornings but I used to go to curves 3 times a week. I'm still paying my membership fees so I was thinking I may as well go back and get my money's worth but wasn't sure if it would affect my LT weightloss in a negative way or maybe I'd be lucky and it would help me recover quicker from the blips I had at the weekend.

I have heard of Curves? Is that the gym place for women where you do a complete cardio workout in 30 mins?
If it is, does it work? Is it hard? How much is it? Sorry for all the questions!! lol x x

Yes, Curves is the women only 30 minute work out. Its a circuit. You switch every 30 seconds between a toning machine like weights but uses hydraulics , there's no messing about with weights etc. and 30 seconds on a recovery pad where you would march in place etc until you move to the next machine. You do 2 1/2 or 3 circuits.

Its geared to help you improve your general fitness as well as toning and if you go 3 times a week it definitley works. You can burn up to 500 calories in one work out.

There's normally a joining fee of between £30 to £60 and then a monthly fee of about £30. but their opening hours are a bit strange. They close between 2 and 4 most afternoons and are only open at 9 and normally close about 8.

I might be wrong, but I think cardio exercise needs to be limited! I can't remember why, but I'm sure I read it on here somewhere!

Your body can only do so much so I wouldn't worry about it! Delly, I've exercised regularly for the last 35 years and it's pretty impossible to use 500 calories in 30 minutes, particularly if you're using weights/resistance (hydraulics is using your own body weight for resistance rather than actually lifting weights) rather than flat-out cardio.......so if Curves are telling you that then I think that they're being a tad optimistic! The circuit thing sounds good though......are you going to go back? Cross-country skiing is about the most demanding exercise that you can do and I'm not sure if even that uses 500 calories in 30 minutes! An average 30 minutes on a treadmill, rowing machine or stationary bike would use somewhere between 200-300 calories depending upon your weight and the amount of effort expended. Until my hip got really bad a few weeks back I was still going to the gym but TBH it made me hungry! I was only a couple of weeks into the diet too....but I'd come back and be absolutely starving, normally I'd have a banana after a work-out and perhaps I was just missing it. OOOO there are bananas in the fruit bowl downstairs, I'd KILL for one of them!

I usually walk for an hour about three times a week, but I agree with Sandra there...after my walk today I feel b'dy staaaarving!!!! Bananas...I could eat them and the bowl right now :p

Well to be honest, I wasn't going to go back to curves so much for the calorie burn or the weightloss. I just wanted to make sure I tone up my muscles as I'm losing weight.

It really is fantastic to see such results, but I do have quite a lot of weight to lose and want to do what I can about flabby skin. My belly is beyond rescue but I'm sure the rest can be salvaged .

Delly...

I go to the gym almost daily, and I use my pedometer that you can use with a DS or with a Wii it's really good to see how many steps your doing, the little light flashes red until u reach 3000 then it flashes green...

At the gym I was going in the pool swimming with floats really helps tone and it's very low impact... I was walking, cycling, hand cycle, sauna, and aquatherapy pool for celulite... I made sure I went daily and even if I just didn't have the energy I would go and relax in sauna and jacussi...

I never felt ill working out, but as people have said the first couple of weeks do little to nothing lol

Since those first couple of weeks tho i've had so much energy I have not been able to have a lie in once, and I can't sit still even to get through one film...

Good luck xx

Thanks Amanda..

I checked with both my pharmacist and the lipotrip peeps in Dublin and they've both said it's ok for me to go back to curves so long as I drink plenty of water before during and after exercise.

Back