Can i get Some ideas for nice dinners

Katie's World X

Gold Member
Hi all
I'm after some nice recipies for this horrible weather warm and comforting
home made food YUM !!

What do you enjoy cooking for dinner on these wet and windy nights ??

Would love to hear from you all XxX

Do you have a slow cooker? They're fab! Just chuck everything in the morning and its all ready and tasty in the evening with minimal effort :) you could do chicken stew, curries, bologneise, chillis etc x

Do you have a slow cooker? They're fab! Just chuck everything in the morning and its all ready and tasty in the evening with minimal effort :) you could do chicken stew, curries, bologneise, chillis etc x

I do have a slow cooker food sounds good for this weather just what I was after THANKYOU
For the tip ;-) X

Soups full of superfree are fab for warming up AND give SUCH a weight loss boost! I recently did a week of superfree soup for lunch and lost 5lbs :D

I love turkey meatballs (with wholemeal breadcrumbs) and potato pancake is amaaaazing comfort food!!
Recipe:
grated potato, onion and carrot, juices squeezed out with hands, mix with a seasoned whisked egg and fry in hexB tbspn olive oil 4~ mins each side (flip by placing a plate over pan and then flipping onto plate and sliding back into pan the other side up) topped with hexA cheddar (optional) and goes really well with pasta or just on it's own. I love to smother it with kethup and sprinkle maggi/aromat on it... Could eat it every day!

On the RSC challenge I made a chicken cobbler, I cooked my chicken in the slow cooker with veggies, then put into a ovenproof dish, added 'cobbler' which was basically mashed potato with an egg cut into round shapes & then baked in the oven, it was so yummy.

Or cowboy pie, beans, sausages, onions, topped with mash & baked in the oven, can't think of anything else at the mo.

My dinner was lovely. Lean lamb steaks (they were on offer) panfried in frylight, served with mini roasted potatoes and roasted cauliflower and broccoli (used frylight - love my veggies roasted as much more flavour and not 'soggy') with 100 ml of Bisto Best lamb gravy (1.5 syns). Mmmmmm.

Yesterday I had chilli made with X-lean mince, courgette, peppers, onions, mushrooms, half a can of green lentils (forgot to buy kidney beans) and a carton of tomatoes. I served it over some nice peppery mashed swede (to up the veggies for me, and keep the cals down for OH as he does the 5:2 Fasting and was on a fast day. Will have the other half of this tomorrow.

Friday I'll be sticking other pack of reduced lamb (once defrosted) in slow cooker with a pack of casserole veggies so it's ready for when we come back from being out for a drink.

I'm getting back into the winter recipes myself, so will be having a good look at that link you were sent for more ideas.

:D

Beef casserole
Stew
Chicken chasseur
Chicken curry
Homemade soups
Casserole in a large Yorkshire pudding
Spag Bol
Chilli and rice
Lasagne
Shepherds pie
Hotpot
Mince beef hash
Corned beef hash

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've just made the mushroom stroganoff from the SW website and it is gorgeous. Used FF fromage frais instead of FF natural yoghurt (couldn't be bothered to get wet walking to Tesco) and it worked really well and saves 1 syn, served with rice. Made 3 portions for the freezer as well :)

Back