Can I just ask?

RachJ

Hello all

This is my first time trying a VLCD and I started on Saturday and have stuck to it 100%

I just wanted to ask a personal question. As I say, I started Saturday and I haven't been to the toilet yet.

I don't feel constipated or in pain but is this normal?

Many thanks
Rachel

I think you maybe need to drink a lot more water hun , you should still be going daily x

It's pretty normal for alot off people on vlcd alot of people use a teaspoon of physilum husk I think it's called lol in there shakes if you search constipation you'll find alot of threads about the same problem :( I use dulcolax if I feel the need but I'm not an every day person anyway x

I drink the slimming green tea from boots which has senna in it and that keeps everything moving, it's very common on this type of diet to get bunged up

As we're taking in no 'proper' food and only consuming 600cals we wont be going to the toilet as much anyway, there will be nothing there to come out!
So not going as often as before is normal.
Not going for too long though can cause problems and affect your weight loss. If I ever have trouble going I take dulcolax pico perles, they are alot more gentler than the normal dulcolax and work overnight so you're sorted first thing in the morning.

Back