Can I lose 14lbs in 3 weeks?.....

Detail: originally weighed almost 238lbs (17st) 4 years ago, my goal was 190lbs then I'd be happy. Got down to 182lbs (13st) through sensible eating + no exercise. Still not happy. Got down to 168lbs (12st) by using the keto diet and occasional exercise. STILL NOT HAPPY!

Although I'd lost the weight, I had bad body composition (or skinny fat as some may say, stubborn belly fat!). This was due to lack of exercise (I realised afterwards!), possibly smoking may have an influence. I realise now I wouldn't of been happy at 150lbs with no muscle on me!

ANYWAY, that was 3 months ago. After 3 months of summer, holidays consisting of alcohol, steak and ice cream, here I am weighing in at 192lbs.

So I'm spending the next 3 weeks seeing if a Paleo (Meat, Nuts, Veg only) diet restricted to 1200 cal a day will work for me, but WITH exercise this time! Only limited, 3x a week lifting weights for short periods, and low-med intensity cardio every day, will not only make me drop weight, but give me better body composition aswell.

Anyway, sorry to bore you but I just felt if I don't join a site like this and write it down, I wouldn't end up doing it haha. Thanks :)

Also can I ask, is this site meant to be just for women? I'm very confused here as I can't find a gender option .Haha I feel like such an idiot.

Last edited:
Hello Ted I'm new to this site I too am a male and I weigh 239Lbs ( 17 st 10 ) I started the lipotrim diet on Monday and tommorrow is day 4. It's good to hear another male dropping do much , may I ask when dropping the weight do carry much access skin at all as I want to know when to start the tone up

Hi Ted
Well done on the weight loss you achieved so far and good luck with getting the gain off

No your ok this forum is for men as well there are quite a few men on here I think but many more ladies
They can help you too we are good at support and encouragment

This is the same problem i'm having. At the moment i'm just under 13st and 5'11" so i'm just entering healthy BMI weight. I'm hoping to get to 12st for christmas and then to 11st for march. The lowest i've ever been in my adult life is 10.5st and people were telling me to put on weight as I looked gaunt, but I still had a belly on me! I'm wondering how low I will actually have to go in order to lose all my body fat. My plan at the moment is to get to 11st, then use weights and exercise to get down to 10st or 9.7st and then build up muscle back up to 11 or 12st, but i'm not sure if this is the best plan or not!

Back