Can i see a loss this week?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Stephy1, 14 April 2011 Social URL.

1. Stephy1

Stephy1 Member

Start Weight:
    13st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(13%)
    Diet:
    Slimmimg World
    Hi Peeps,
    I got weighed on monday night and lost 2lb, however tuesday and wednesday syn wise havn't been very good for me. Can i still see a weight loss on monday by following EE?
    Is it wise to have no syns for the next few days or will that just hinder me some more?
    Thanks for any help

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. solo12

solo12 Guest

Hi stephy, how bad were you syn wise Saturday and Sunday?? (if you don't mind me asking?) If it was me and i was over I would stick to 5 syns a day from here to weigh in then increase my water intake, plenty of S and SS foods and a little body magic should help

(unless this is too restrictive in which case draw a line under and start a fresh 5-15 syns a day and accept the over syns and a possible STS at WI)

Good luck x

4. Stephy1

Stephy1 Member

Start Weight:
    13st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(13%)
    Diet:
    Slimmimg World
    Hi,
    Saturday and sunday were good days for me. I have gone over tuesday and wednesday by quite alot, ive had something like 30 on tuesday and 30-40 on wednesday...oops!

5. solo12

solo12 Guest

Sorry yeah Tuesday & Wednesday lol :) I've gone over 70 + syns in 1 day! I did as I said 5 syns per day, plenty of water and S & SS foods and still came out of WI 1.5lb lighter!
    I wouldn't worry - back on track today and you'll be fine x

6. Stephy1

Stephy1 Member

Start Weight:
    13st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(13%)
    Diet:
    Slimmimg World
    Thanks funky monkey,
    I'm going to up my s & ss foods, plenty of water and only have 5 syns per day......fingers crossed x

7. rumbletummy

rumbletummy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9.5lb(13.54%)
    I would still have some syns everyday (between 5-10) but try to have as much superfree with each of your meals :)

8. Stephy1

Stephy1 Member

Start Weight:
    13st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(13%)
    Diet:
    Slimmimg World
    Had an excellent day yesterday diet wise, and this morning the scales are being nice to me! Thanks for any help i received xx

9. Princess_Stevie

Princess_Stevie Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9.6lb(17.9%)
    Diet:
    5:2 / The Fast Diet
    Hi Stephy, glad to hear you're getting back into the swing of things, SW wise. :)

Just one piece of advice from me, though. I would recommend staying AWAY from the scales until your actual WI day - you could be setting yourself up for great dissappointment and vice versa - ALL scales are slightly different.

The whole aim of going to a weekly WI is to kind of "surprise" you. Your C want's you to get on the scales and greet her with an *OMG* - whether that be a good OMG, or a bad.

If it's good, your C and your fellow members will all be there in image therapy to congratulate you.

If it happens not to be so good, your C and fellow members will be there to support, advise, and encourage you - helping you to get back on the bandwagon.

The idea of jumping on and off scales between WI's is just mental, and possibly physical, torture. By weighing yourself daily you go through the "Yay, I'm losing weight :D"
    and
    "Oh No, I've had a gain :confused:"

seesaw with yourself. My advice would be to take each day as it comes, stay positive and wait until WI to reap the rewards!
    Good luck! xx

10. autumnflower

autumnflower Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st9lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(7.72%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I would also say, have around 5 syns a day now, or fit in an exersize session or two.

If you don't fancy that you could always have a few success express days before your WI.

11. Rayven

Rayven Addicted to Minimins!

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I think what you need to do is stop worrying about it day by day and take it weekly. As long as you're good the majority of the time i think you'll still see a loss. If you don't need them then use flexible syns. Work out how many syns you'd be allowed over the course of the week & stick to that on a weekly basis. Less syns on one day but more when you need them. However if you think you're gonna go off the rail without your daily syn fix then right off the days that were bad and stick to your normal amount of syns.
    Sorry if that doesn't make any sense! lol
    Oh and drink lots of water! xx

12. Kankles

Kankles Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(13.86%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I had a pub lunch last weekend with a full rack of BBQ ribs, I had a few rough weeks on SW of really trying and STS or only 1lb loss. I really needed to chill and let my hair down and enjoy a nice day out without worrying about syns or weigh in.....needless to say I lost 2lb this week and reached 1 1/2 stone! But by taking that time out it allowed me to relax & re focus on the plan and it paid off for me x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.