Step2 810kcal Can I take supplements while on Step 2?

TwinkleToesT

Hey guys, I'm on step 2 and I'm noticed a lot of my hair falling out and I'm always hungry and feeling like I'm not getting all the things my body needs. Do you think it would be ok to start taking some "Hair, Skin & Nail" "Magnesium" and "Fish Oil" Supplements?

Also, I don't know If you guys have heard of Organic Burst but they're a range of SuperFood Supplements that seem really good for your body. They have:
WheatGrass
Chlorella
Spirulina
Acai Berry
Baobab
Maca
(Organic Burst Superfoods)

Do you think it would be ok to take these supplements whilst on Step 2 or wait till I move up further?

Thank you xx

you are getting all you need if you are following step 2 properly.

Hair does appear to be falling out more when on a vlcd, but it's more a case of more coming out at one time less often.
When hair drops out it is because a new hair is growing behind it. your hair growth slows down to conserve energy on a vlcd and then new hair will start growing, pushing out the other hair. it can take up to six weeks for the new hair to get to a length where your hair will look thicker again/you'll notice it not clogging up the plug holes.

Last edited:
Hair thinning is a known side effect of any VLCD including Cambridge. When you move up the steps it will become thicker again. Your cdc should have told you about this...

Hair is an optional extra for your body so when it needs everything it has to run your body your hair will tend to suffer!

Xxx

and supplements won't stop what the hair does on a vlcd.

And yes what second said. Hair is keratin which is protein so supplements with bits and minerals won't do much!

Back