Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Can i try to conceive whilst on CD?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by lostpolarbear, 5 January 2011 Social URL.

1. lostpolarbear

lostpolarbear Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    just what the title says really. It took 4 months to conceive my little boy last time and I want to start trying again in feb but I have 2 1/2 stone to lose (which may take around 10 weeks) but if it happened right away i'd obviously stop the diet...AND does this diet make it more difficult to conceive? x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. determinator

determinator Banned

it is not recommended to try and concieve when on a TFR diet as you need to few calories you get , and if you get preg the baby takes what it needs and doesnt leave you with said much , i also dont know what effect ketosis would have on a develping baby . That said there is a lot of ladies who have fallen pregnant whilst on TFR and many who had been trying for years , which suggests that the diet can help boost fertility .

I wouldnt actively try unless you are going to try a higher plan like 810 or 1000 to be honest

4. chele80

chele80 On a mission

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7lb(26.14%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I am but only cause I have PCOS and don't ovulate very often so I need all the chances I can get and can't put it on hold while I finish CD. My CDC knows and is supportive just telling me I have to stop as soon as I get a BFP!
    It's not ideal but it's what I'm doing

5. chele80

chele80 On a mission

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7lb(26.14%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Oh and she also says this diet has made it easier for people to conceive and has had quite a few pregnancies from people who were struggling ttc

6. great things

great things Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.27%)
    Diet:
    CD 810
    i fell pregnant both times on cd, i have pcos too. i think it's all the wonderful vits and mins. i wouldn't worry. do the diet and if you get pregnant then just stop. most people who fall pregnant on ss don't initially know and it's not too bad for a couple of week overlap. no damage done as long as you stop as soon as you get the positive lines on the test. :)

7. lostpolarbear

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thanks girls, I think I will start TTC soon as I get to 11 stone and then I have the 2 week wait before i get a result anyway which gives me time to lose the last little bit..it will give me a good insentive to get to my goal :) xx

8. lostpolarbear

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge

I think I recognise your name from bnb forum? If ur LO is 9 mo too? My name is mrscupcake on there! Xx

9. parisbeach

parisbeach Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0.6lb
    Current Weight:
    18st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4.1lb(10.9%)
    I concieved while on diet but as soon as I saw positive test stick I stopped. I had the best pregnancy ever no blood pressure problems or low iron levels. I had told CDC I was doing this diet to be able to have fertility treatment which thankfully due to weight loss I didn't need.

10. kellymarie3488

kellymarie3488 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan SS+
    I fell pregnant whilst on LL and everything went perfectly! she is 4 months now :)

11. chele80

chele80 On a mission

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7lb(26.14%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge

Yep that's me. I'm imaginative aren't i on forums?! :D
    Oooo good luck hun, will hunt you down on BNB now as I recognise the name x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.