• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Can I use powerplate while on CD?

hypno1

S: 15st5.5lb C: 15st5.5lb G: 13st0lb BMI: 39.4 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Hi everyone,

I'm Gillian and i'm going to see CD counsellor on Mon night so hoping to start CD soon. I have about 5 1/2stones to lose. I have just bought a powerplate but can I use it while on CD? I know they don't recommend starting a hefty excersise regime if you haven't already exercised while on CD but this is a vibration plate, seemingly gives the same workout in 10mins as an hour at the gym. I wouldn't be going crazy with it but would twice or 3 times a week be ok do you think?

x

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Jaycey

Post-Menopausal Maniac!
S: 13st1lb C: 13st1lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 27.8 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I can't actually answer your question, but I'm interested to know if you've tried your new toy, as I'm thinking of buying one! What do you do, just stand there and get shaken about, or do you actually do exercises on it?

I've heard good reports of them, but I don't want to splash out a load of dosh on something that's not actually that effective.

tryer

Silver Member
IT'S GREAT I USE ONE IN THE WORK GYM,
there should be a manual with it as to the exercises that you do.
ou hold poses e.g. squat, on the plate, set the time and the vibration power. and away you go. for about 1 min then change position and repeat.
hope this makes sense.
do it for a week (about 20 mins a day- session) and your body will feel like you have been in gym for 3 hours a day 7 days a week .

hypno1

S: 15st5.5lb C: 15st5.5lb G: 13st0lb BMI: 39.4 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I can't actually answer your question, but I'm interested to know if you've tried your new toy, as I'm thinking of buying one! What do you do, just stand there and get shaken about, or do you actually do exercises on it?

I've heard good reports of them, but I don't want to splash out a load of dosh on something that's not actually that effective.
Yep they are defo good, I didn't buy an ultra expensive one either, mine was £120ish and it does the job.
x

S: 12st8lb C: 9st12lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 23.7 Loss: 2st10lb(21.59%)
I have one too it's really good!
I lost a total of 8 inches in 2 weeks before my wedding last year!

Jesslima

Is determined!
i use them at the gym, i think they are good, but i do a good workout and weights before, so dont know whether its that or the powerplates! They dont seem to do much good on the tummy area for me though. But i feel as though i've had a really good revitalising massage afterwards and its great for circulation!

Jaycey

Post-Menopausal Maniac!
S: 13st1lb C: 13st1lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 27.8 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Right, that's my birthday present sorted out then (only 63 days to go!) - better warn hubby! :D

I shall be standing it next to the walker in the spare room (currently being used as a temporary wardrobe :eek:) and when I've finished the diet, I shall use them!! (Honest, folks! ;))

PS. I've seen some reasonably priced ones on eBay - new and used - so it won't sting his pocket too much!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Fitness Health and Exercise 6
Exante - Off Topic 1
Slimming World 3
Slimming World 3
Cambridge Weight Plan 4