Can I use powerplate while on CD?

hypno1

Hi everyone,

I'm Gillian and i'm going to see CD counsellor on Mon night so hoping to start CD soon. I have about 5 1/2stones to lose. I have just bought a powerplate but can I use it while on CD? I know they don't recommend starting a hefty excersise regime if you haven't already exercised while on CD but this is a vibration plate, seemingly gives the same workout in 10mins as an hour at the gym. I wouldn't be going crazy with it but would twice or 3 times a week be ok do you think?

x

I can't actually answer your question, but I'm interested to know if you've tried your new toy, as I'm thinking of buying one! What do you do, just stand there and get shaken about, or do you actually do exercises on it?

I've heard good reports of them, but I don't want to splash out a load of dosh on something that's not actually that effective.

IT'S GREAT I USE ONE IN THE WORK GYM,
there should be a manual with it as to the exercises that you do.
ou hold poses e.g. squat, on the plate, set the time and the vibration power. and away you go. for about 1 min then change position and repeat.
hope this makes sense.
do it for a week (about 20 mins a day- session) and your body will feel like you have been in gym for 3 hours a day 7 days a week .

I can't actually answer your question, but I'm interested to know if you've tried your new toy, as I'm thinking of buying one! What do you do, just stand there and get shaken about, or do you actually do exercises on it?

I've heard good reports of them, but I don't want to splash out a load of dosh on something that's not actually that effective.
Yep they are defo good, I didn't buy an ultra expensive one either, mine was £120ish and it does the job.
x

I have one too it's really good!
I lost a total of 8 inches in 2 weeks before my wedding last year!

Right, that's my birthday present sorted out then (only 63 days to go!) - better warn hubby! :D

I shall be standing it next to the walker in the spare room (currently being used as a temporary wardrobe :eek:) and when I've finished the diet, I shall use them!! (Honest, folks! ;))

PS. I've seen some reasonably priced ones on eBay - new and used - so it won't sting his pocket too much!

Back