can someone help syn my lunch please?

Violetwind

Determined
Hi there

went for unexpected lunch today and now fretting about syn can someone help?
CARVERY
Roast beef
One scoop of mash
carrots peas cabbage
2 Baby boiled
2-3 tbsp of gravy/stock?

Please help?

Please post your Syn queries in the Syn or Eating out forum which ever is appropriate

Thread moved to Eating out

If you are doing extra easy there will be 2 or 3 syns in the mash for milk/butter, gravy will be around 2 syns i think. If anything was done in oil that will need syning, and fat from the meat, hard to guess without knowing how much fat was in the meat the start with/whether gravy was made with fat. I'd rough guess around 8 or 9 but i could be way off.

There was no fat on the meat at all. Its the gravy and mash im unsure of. I was thinking 5 syn but maybe Im way under synning?

Depends what they used to cook in too. Butter will be a good tbsp, milk a dash, gravy granules made up with juice from meat is 5 syns per 100ml. So you'd be looking 1-2 syns for that, if they made it without juice that is 0.5-1 syn. Full fat butter is 2 syns per tsp, i'd guess there was 2 or 3 tsp's but i don't know. then dash of milk is 0.5. I could be way off still with my workings though

I think it depends which you go to - I go to Toby quite a lot and there's certainly no butter on their veg, it's just steamed. Unless you get the roasties and cauli cheese of course nom nom :)

Back