Can someone please help me on Cambridge diet!!

Lucyo_x

I am on week 4, had my 4th weigh in last week and only lost 1lb! I am devastated. My consultant said its because of the female time of the month... I am due for my weigh in in 2 days, I weighed myself today and it was the same result, 1lb. Apparently I am retaining water. This has been going on for two weeks now, I need to get rid of it. Please please please help me!!!!!

Thanks

Lucy xx

Last edited:
You could try water retention pills from holland and barrats?
Keep at it hun. your losses will catch up with themselves xx

Am I allowed to take them on SS? I hope they do, wanted to lose another stone in three weeks as I am going on holiday. It is not looking very possible at the moment :-( xxx

Yeah you're allowed, green tea helps with water retention as well xx

If you have stuck to it hun, you will be fine don't let it put you off or become demotivated give it another week or so and I'm sure those pounds will drop :) just water weight which can be like 7-10lbs (although varies person to person) you are doing so well, well done :)

Yup stuck to it religiously! I really hope you are right, I'd like a massive drop sometime in the next week! Thanks for being so supportive! How are you doing with your diet? X

Yea honestly it will come off its happened to me before (around my monthly time) a week after and it was off :)
Yes I'm doing ok thank you it's my 2nd time round and first week now, weigh in tonight, had a little peak at the scales and think I will be 7lbs down :) so hopefully I have

Wow half a stone in a week! Congrats to you, really well done!! Are you on SS?

Yeah my consultant said it happens around your monthly time however the diet is messing up my monthlys... I was on for a week (light) then off for a few days, back on for a week (heavier but nothing mega) and off for a couple of days now I've got spotting! If you could shed any light on what's happening to me it would be much appreciated!! I am on the contraceptive pill but my consultant said it wouldn't affect my diet. I'm so confused and this water weight feels like its never gonna go! I feel like I've hit a massive wall in the diet! 22 days till holiday and I wanted to lose 1 more stone! A pound a week is not good enough when I put myself through all the crap side effects from SS!

Sorry rant over lol! Xxx

Sorry to peek into your thread but it is dangerous to take diuretic pills of any kind when you are on Cambridge or any other VLCD. The diet itself has a diuretic effect and taking additional water tablets will overwork the kidneys and perhaps make you really ill. Don't risk it.

To the original poster - it's always best to think of Cambridge losses in monthly terms, rather than just weekly. This way time-of-the-month water retention, or minor differences in weekly losses, don't seem to make such a worrying impact!

Hey lucyo_X your CdC for twice now before my TOTM I lose 1lb, then the week after my period I drop 9lbs... The first time it happened I thought it was a fluke but it's now happened twice so I'm starting to realise/ hope that it'll continue! Try not to stress <--- no really as apparently your body can release some horrid hormone cortisol which can make you gain weight when stressed!

Hi shaz!

Thanks for your input! That's really reassuring. However the diet is seriously messing with my monthlys! I was on for a week (light) off for a few days, back on for a week (heavier than the first but nothing massive) off for a few days.. Now it's just very very very light. Maybe classed as spotting? Will I still be retaining water if this is happening to me?? I've come off the bars as I've heard they slow down weight loss, stuck to drinking plain still water instead of fizzy water or using the flavourings... I don't know what else I can do. Missed my weigh in this week as I was very ill with flu, got my bf who is also on the diet to pick up my product... I can't help but stress to be honest as holiday is so close and I need to start buying clothes lol

Xx

Back