Can Someone Please Suggest Me a Weight Loss Plan?

Rose Bud

Hi Ladies :)

I'm not exactly new but having half heartedly followed a loose diet for the last month I have just weighed myself to find I have put on 7 pounds in the space of a fortnight, bringing my weight up to 13 stone.

I had been doing low calorie/WW before, but I don't feel its really working for me. I actually also have a tin of SF shakes but have yet to use it.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend me a plan? What has worked for you? Hoping to go for something cheap (so LipoTrim is out) if possible. Need to lose quite a lot of weight in a short space of time!

So what has worked for everyone else? Advice would be greatly appreciated, I'm feeling incredibly disgusted with myself right now and am extremely motivated to shift these pounds!

Lucy x

Personally I favour calorie counting - it's as straightforward and cheap as it gets really, you don't have to buy anything special. I had a quick look at the start of the diary in your signature - it doesn't sound like you were eating very interesting things with that or very much food. If you monitor the calories in things you might be surprised at how much 'proper food' you can actually have for your calorie target and still lose weight, but tracking it might be the key for you.

If you have been doing low calorie for a while, your body could be in a "mini starvation mode" and will cling onto the fat and any food you give it because it thinks it needs to preserve as much as possible. I would suggest, as Rigby said, to do basic calorie counting. My Fitness Pal has an app for phones or you can do it on their website if you don't have a smart/android phone. I did Weight Watchers and lost almost 4 stone but then I gained a little bit back and was just up and down, so I said I would give calorie counting a go. Week 1 and I have lost 2lbs :) (Might not seem like loads but to me it is, because I have a very slow metabolism and find it hard to lose big) I wouldn't recommend eating less than 1200 calories a day as your body needs a certain amount of calories (google BMR) just to function.

Also, there is no quick fix for weight loss. You could try shakes, soups, bars etc and might drop weight fast, but you will more than likely pile it all back on and more once you resume to normal eating.

Best of luck :)

I love Visalus! It's a shake program. The motto is the shake mix that tastes like cake mix... and it does :) I have just started the program (it's a 90 day challenge) and can already tell a difference. They promote a formula that changes fat to muscle.

I agree with the calorie counting advice. Definitely don't go for one of these meal replacement things if you want to keep the weight off long-term. The slower you lose weight, the better your chances of keeping it off - at least 95% of people who lose weight put it all back on again, and usually end up even heavier, so you have to be very careful about how you do it. x

Hello, I'm doing exante. Take a look at the website and have a read through the exante section.

Obviously with ANY plan if you go back to your old eating habits you'll gain the weight back. That's not just true of VLCD! xxxx

Rose Bud said:
Hi Ladies :)

I'm not exactly new but having half heartedly followed a loose diet for the last month I have just weighed myself to find I have put on 7 pounds in the space of a fortnight, bringing my weight up to 13 stone.

I had been doing low calorie/WW before, but I don't feel its really working for me. I actually also have a tin of SF shakes but have yet to use it.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend me a plan? What has worked for you? Hoping to go for something cheap (so LipoTrim is out) if possible. Need to lose quite a lot of weight in a short space of time!

So what has worked for everyone else? Advice would be greatly appreciated, I'm feeling incredibly disgusted with myself right now and am extremely motivated to shift these pounds!

Lucy x

I'm doing slimming world and I love it I'm never hungry and it doesn't feel like a diet I pay 5 a week for weigh in and all my online tools to help me and feel I do get my money's worth I don't have to constantly weigh and measure either have to say it isn't a quick fix crash diet though but it works and is a sustainable long term lifestyle change I've lost 1st 4lb in 13 weeks and been on hol a few times too I eat out a few times a week too and still have good weight losses I've had to change the way I cook a bit and tweak my meals when I eat out but I've done atkins ww calorie control lypobind fat burner pills soup diets all bloody sorts and this is the first that makes me feel normal again I'm not constantly weighing and counting and worrying when I eat out also this weekend there is a free booklet to try out a simplified version of the diet in the mirror newspaper and there are vouchers for money off joining

Back