can we have low carb biscuits on atkins? link to site

See burger answer.

Hi, as Anna Maria said on the burger post, you simply have to count your carbs and not exceed the 20g per day. That said, I think Jim advised on another post that the 20g should really come from green leafy veg.

This is only my personal opinion, but if you eat low carb biscuits whilst losing weight, I don't believe that it will that re-educate you to maintain a healthy diet when you get to maintenance or will it still be a habit to eat biscuits and such like? It's just a question for you to think about. For me, giving those things up has made me respect them and see them as things to have in very small quantities when I return to healthy eating.

I watched a TV programme last night about weight loss surgery and the doctor said that one biscuit per day OVER your calorie allowance would result in 10lbs fat gain in a year. It shows how quickly it adds up and has made me even more determined that it will be everything in moderation when I get to maintenance.

As Sarah says sweet-like-coco, I generally say that you should get most of your carbs from healthy green leaf salad veggies on induction, I'd also recommend that you eat as much unprocessed meat as you can. You could make your own burgers with mince and an egg to bind it that will be practically 0 carbs.

mmmmmmm i love homemade burgers.
much better that the shop bought stuff
:D

Back