Can we have sugar free chewing gum?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by emmapetty, 15 April 2009 Social URL.

1. emmapetty

emmapetty Going for Goal!

Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    I have a pack of trident sugar free mint chewing gum - is it allowed? (I feel like i'm back at school! Please Sir...lol)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

Not sure about it been mint, but i have ordianary extra sugarfree all the time and it doesnt affect me :D!

4. J.R

J.R Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    You're better off having a different chewing gum as the sugar free ones in the shops have aspartame in them. Look up the dangers on google! Ebay sell a gum called Zapp gum with no aspartame and no sugar either, much better for you.

5. Lily

Lily Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    The official answer is, I believe, no (no surprise there really :D). But I know that people do chew sugar free gum and 'get away with it'. Be warned though, chewing can make you hungry...

If you absolutely have to have some, say to freshen your breath for example, best advice is to chew a piece for no longer than a minute or so and then get rid of it.

6. Lilac

Lilac Full Member

Hmm I'm guessing you haven't loooked at what CD packs are sweetened with then JR.

Personally I know it's "against the rules" but I do chew sugar free gum just for a minute to beat the dreaded ketosis breath when I'm about to see a client at work.

Last edited: 15 April 2009
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.