Can we have sugar free chewing gum?

emmapetty

Going for Goal!
I have a pack of trident sugar free mint chewing gum - is it allowed? (I feel like i'm back at school! Please Sir...lol)

You're better off having a different chewing gum as the sugar free ones in the shops have aspartame in them. Look up the dangers on google! Ebay sell a gum called Zapp gum with no aspartame and no sugar either, much better for you.

The official answer is, I believe, no (no surprise there really :D). But I know that people do chew sugar free gum and 'get away with it'. Be warned though, chewing can make you hungry...

If you absolutely have to have some, say to freshen your breath for example, best advice is to chew a piece for no longer than a minute or so and then get rid of it.

You're better off having a different chewing gum as the sugar free ones in the shops have aspartame in them. Look up the dangers on google! Ebay sell a gum called Zapp gum with no aspartame and no sugar either, much better for you.
Hmm I'm guessing you haven't loooked at what CD packs are sweetened with then JR.

Personally I know it's "against the rules" but I do chew sugar free gum just for a minute to beat the dreaded ketosis breath when I'm about to see a client at work.

Last edited:
Back