Can we have swede and why can't we have tomatoes

treeza

Just read on a list that swede is allowed but haven't got it on the list that sns sent me. Also my daughter in law said she ate tomotoes on the diet but I've been told not too?

Just go by the list that slim and save sent you, they do change it periodically. Tomatoes are high in sugar which is why they are not on the list.

Tomatoes contain citric acid (they're actually classed as a fruit) and this can take some people out of ketosis.

Yes, you can eat swede on sns. My latest veg list gives:

200g of: asparagus, bamboo shoots (canned, drained), broccoli, cauliflower, celery, courgettes, cucumber, fennel, gherkins, green peppers, green chilli peppers, leeks, lettuce, mushrooms (not fried), olives, rocket, salad, shallots, spinach, spring onions, swede (flesh only), turnip (flesh only and must be boiled), watercress, white cabbage.

There's other information in the SnS sections here on the veggies allowed - put some keywords into the search box at the top of the page and see what you get!

Thankyou all makes sense about the tomatoes. Excited about the swede I love it just hate peeling it. Your right Nomore never heard of anyone eating the skin .

Back