Can we take children to classes?

IWillBeAYummyMummy

Supercalifragilistic
Finally convinced myself to join SW. Due to work commitments i can only go to morning classes and have knowone to look after little one? I have a phobia of talking to people on the phone (sounds stupid I know), im too embarrassed to ask someone to ring for me and there isn't an email address for the consultant. I don't want to turn up with my little man to find out children aren't allowed but I really can't ring to find out more. Anyone know any general info about bringing children? Tia x

I've been to several groups over my SW career and people have always brought kids every now and again. this sort of this is probably worth verifying with individual consultants but I am sure as long as you brought something to keep your little monkey busy so they were relatively quiet then it's probably no big deal. I like it when people bring their kids in, it's nice.

Thank you both. I will bring some snacks and small toys for him to play with and keep my fingers crossed he stays quiet lol

From the FAQs on the SW website :)

Q: Could I take my toddler along to my Slimming World group with me?

A: Do bring your child with you to the group if you cannot make other childcare arrangements. Your Consultant will appreciate it if you let her know and if you can bring some toys, colouring books or story books to amuse your child during the group. Many daytime groups have lots of young parents as members, and these will often have toys provided.

doesn't sound stupid at all that you have a talking on the phone phobia, I haven't got a phobia but if I can communicate other ways I prefer that.

But on your question, yes you can take kids, you do right by taking snacks and toys, how old is he? would he watch a DVD or something.

Kids have never been a problem at the 2 groups I've attended. In fact the consultant had a baby last year and has brought her and sometimes her other kids to help and look after the baby. Other members will often talk to kids or cuddle a baby while mum is getting weighed.

If they stopped people bringing kids, they would lose a lot of members and they don't want that. They'd rather give you the support with your kids there than have you not come at all.

Good luck!

Hes only just 2 and deaf so a DVD is a no go :( im trying to convince my OH to join with me so if LO plays up one of us can sort him out and we won't miss out on any info etc. Thanks for all your help x

Back