Can you do 3 meal replacements on slimfast?

Amy

Hi all,

I did CD back in september for a month or so and it worked, i'm 2.5 stone lighter now, (but have just been watching what i eat) i haven't moved much weight recently. I need to shift some weight in the next couple of weeks as my wedding dress is pulling a little bit around the waist and would rather not have it taken out.

I've been having a slimfast shake in work recently but am wondering if i could go to 3 replacements instead of 2 and a meal. Do you think it would have the same effect as CD? Obviously it'll just be a lower calorie intake - but more than CD.

Thanks!!

Amy

Hi Amy

I don't think you can, Slimfast isn't the same as CD in that it does not provide you with all the nutrition your body requires and you would go into starvation mode. Slimfast is not meant to be a complete meal replace, how about going back on CD or doing Lipotrim for a few weeks?

Good luck
Gx

Hi Amy and thanks! I did Cambridge.

Your losses should still be pretty good and quick with Slimfast plus a meal I would think.

Gx

How long has it taken you to lose your weight?

I might go back on Cambridge, i know it will work!!

Thanks for your help!!

Amy

It took me about 5 months or so to reach my original goal. I decided at that point to lose a wee bit more so probably about 6 months in total.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Gx

I've always wondered about doing S/F s/s aswell...

I'm thinking of doing it for a week then if i'm able to go longer, then i would take a Multi-Vitamin and then that way i would know my body is deffo getting all that it needs. I would also carry on drinking the same amount of water as if i was still on Cambridge.

To be honest i would like to do it for at "least" 2wks as i'm going down to London on the 11th July for a week and i'm DESPERATE (but soooo weak!!) to fit into my "14"s comfortably. Right now although they fasten, just, my tummy kinda hangs over :( NOT NICE!! lol!

So i thought i'd shrink it with 2wks of S/F before heading down!

I just can't get my head round Cambridge again even although i know it's the BEST!

Feedback VERY VERY welcome especially from anyone who has actually done S/F s/s even for a week :)

Thankyou! x x

Feedback VERY VERY welcome especially from anyone who has actually done S/F s/s even for a week :)

Thankyou! x x

Since you asked for feedback:p Unfortunately, it's not just to do with vitamins and minerals. What about healthy levels of protein, fat etc.

You could try your SF SS. Probably shouldn't say this, but if it was just for a week or two, I doubt it would do you any lasting damage, but it would be very hard to do.

It will be highly unlikely that you would be in ketosis because of the high carbs, and I would imagine that on such a low calorie diet, you would be very hungry indeed :(

At the end of the day, it's your choice, but if your struggling with Cambridge, then I think you will find this alternative much harder.

Not sure whether you've tried one of the other Cambridge plans. You might find it's much easier to stay on track...and with great losses too :clap:

Very best of luck with what you chose, just take care of yourself. No good being in those size 14s and not being able to show them off cos you feel rubbish;)

Hi KD and thankyou for your time :)

I totally agree with you. I know going back to Cambridge is the right move..... i have been finding it very hard to get back into! I have a weeks supply in my fridge and i'm actually now thinking about having 4 Tetras instead of 3 just untill i get myself back into it again.

Well done to you on maintaining your goal weight for nearly 3 years now ;) Can i ask which diet you were doing?

I totally agree with you. I know going back to Cambridge is the right move..... i have been finding it very hard to get back into!

But you can do it :clap: Be determined and let nothing throw you off course.

And love it!! Love the results! Love the ketosis that your working to get! Got to have the brain in the right place;)

I have a weeks supply in my fridge and i'm actually now thinking about having 4 Tetras instead of 3 just untill i get myself back into it again.
Good on ya. I know I had to split the packs. I love to feed myself :D I had 1/2 tetra in my breakfast coffee, the other half mid morning (again in coffee:D), 1/2 soup or shake for lunch. 1/2 bar mid afternoon. 1/2 shake or soup for dinner....then for my treat had 1/2 bar in the evenings :D I was forever 'eating' :D

Well done to you on maintaining your goal weight for nearly 3 years now ;) Can i ask which diet you were doing?
Suppose you've guessed already. Yep...Cambridge:clap:

Can't say it was always easy, but it does work and you can enjoy the process. There were days that didn't go so well. 3 times I had to come off it for various reasons, but I just had to pick myself up. I wanted it enough to go and get it.

One thing I learnt was that falling off was rarely for an evening, or a day. Didn't matter how determined I felt when it happened. "Just this once":rolleyes: It just made things so much more complicated and harder to do.

Very best of luck getting back on, but you can do it..just don't let anything stand in your way. Be determined :)

Hi KD :)

You really inspired me with your last message there! I only wish my CDC was like you!!

I'll take it, it was the Banana Tetra you used in your coffee?? I've never tried that...
I didn't like the shakes, bars and soups so i only used the Tetras! It's just a shame they only come in 2 different flavours, although, i believe there has been talk of another flavour :)
Did you lose the 8st completely on Cambridge?
I'm actually going to give Cambridge another go after gaining the strength from your messages today :) thankyou!
I have a few threads on the Cambridge Diet Returners forum,lol,therefore i won't start (yet) another one untill i've been on Cambridge a week :)
I'll let you know how i'm doing during this first week KD :) Do you have a thread on the Cambridge Forum??

Back