Can you help with extra easy?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Ilovemarmite, 15 August 2010 Social URL.

1. Ilovemarmite

Ilovemarmite Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I haven't been a member of slimming world for years but trying to follow. I still use red and green days but my friend has tried explaining extra easy but I'm still confused.
    On EE can you eat ANY free food from red and green together?Or do the food have to the ones that are HE on the other day? ie can you eat white rice/pasta with meat?
    I started what was going to be a red day yesterday. so had fruit and yoghurt for lunch, a chicken, bacon and salad sandwich for lunch and then plans changed and we ended up staying out and had curry for dinner. I chose badly and had a chicken makhani. So if this was an EE day could I have the rice free? The chicken free? And just count the sauce? So makhani is 14.5 syns so if I had the chicken free it might be about 8.5 - approx?
    Am I right?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. beekeeper

beekeeper Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(12.92%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi. Yes that seems right. I only do extra easy and the rice and chicken are both free. It seems too good to be true, but it is working. Good luck

4. Ilovemarmite

Ilovemarmite Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Thanks beekeeper. i find it really hard to believe after so long of having quorn on a green day and no potatoes on a red day

5. emily87

emily87 Onwards and downwards!

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9lb(29.02%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Not completely sure about how you would syn the curry I'm afraid, but you have got the right idea about Extra Easy. With EE you can eat as much as you like of the free foods that come under the red/green day categories, and you can eat them together in a meal. So for example you could have grilled chicken with a baked potato or beef stew with rice. But you also have to make sure that 1/3 of your plate is made up of superfree foods (fruit or veg). So maybe steamed veggies or a salad. Also on EE you can only have 1 HeA and 1 HeB, whereas on red/green you are allowed up to 2 of each.

Hope this helps a bit :D

6. Sueschoices

Sueschoices Life's full of choices

Start Weight:
    18st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(14.5%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    All free foods from the red and green are free on EE.

Just one healthy A section and 1 healthy B section on EE.

For syns you take the lowest syn value if they differ for red and green.

7. Sueschoices

Sueschoices Life's full of choices

Start Weight:
    18st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(14.5%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Both the chicken and rice are free if the skin is removed and the rice is plain. The sauce would be syns, and any oil they cooked it in.

8. Ilovemarmite

Ilovemarmite Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Thanks everyone. I think whichever way I look at it I went of plan yesterday but I think I understand extra easy now. I didn't realise that a third of the plate had to be superfree foods!! (so my curry wouldn't have worked !)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.