CANNELLONI TUBES

bignomore13

My sister gave me a box of cannelloni tubes yesterday.
Has anyone got any ideas on what to do with them?

Thank You

I stuff them with quark, cooked spinach and beaten egg mixed together. (seasoning it with S&P and sometimes nutmeg) Then pour over a tomato sauce (or just passata or chopped toms straight from packet if pushed for time) and sprinkle HEA of cheese on top.

Put in oven for half an hour or so til cheese is browned and bubbly.

And to get the mixture in the tube I use the end of a spoon as they are a bit fiddly.

I stuff them with quark, cooked spinach and beaten egg mixed together. (seasoning it with S&P and sometimes nutmeg) Then pour over a tomato sauce (or just passata or chopped toms straight from packet if pushed for time) and sprinkle HEA of cheese on top.

Put in oven for half an hour or so til cheese is browned and bubbly.

And to get the mixture in the tube I use the end of a spoon as they are a bit fiddly.

Thank you will give this a try.

Pete’s Spinach & Mushroom Cannelloni-2

Serves Two

Ingredients

100g Sainsbury’s “ be good to yourself” soft cheese (4 syn/2=2syn per person)
50g chopped spinach, defrosted (s) (sff)
1 Egg (ff)
1 Garlic (sff)
25g Button Mushrooms (s) (sff)
1 Onion (s) (sff)
1 Red Pepper (s) (sff)
45g Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese, grated (1Hea/2=1/2 syn)
Handful of Basil leaves
4 dried Cannelloni tubes (ff)
350mL of Passata (s) (sff)
Salt & pepper

Method
Preheat the oven to 200c

Squeeze out excess water from spinach and place in a bowl.

Add all the ingredients except the Cheddar Cheese & basil leaves, season and mix, then place it in a mini chopper and reduce to a thick puree.

Fill the 8 cannelloni tubes; it is very easy when the ingredients are purified!

Place in an oven proof dish and cover with Passata. Use the remaining cheese as a topping add the basil leaves.

Cook for 20mins covered by tinfoil, then remove and cook for another 10 mins.
Serve with roasted veg for a vegetarian meal.

Cannelloni & Mushroom (Small).JPGCannelloni & Mushroom-2 (Small).JPG

I took this from the Philadelphia website...looks yummy :)

Hamand Leek Cannelloni

Ingredients

• 3 leeks
  • 85 g of your favourite ham
  • 12 cannelloni tubes
  • 0.5 pint vegetable stock
  • 120 g Philadelphia Light with Garlic & Herbs
  • 1 onion diced
  • 1 tin tomatoes
  • 40 g Pecorino Cheese
  • Green salad to serve

Heat the oven to 180C. Slice the leeks thinly and simmer for 5 mins in the stock. When softening lift from the stock with a slotted spoon and reserve the stock. Mix the leeks with the philly and ham and season to taste.
Stuff each cannellini tube with some Philly mixture and lay in an oven proof dish. Heat a frying pan and sauté the onions in a drizzle of oil. Add the tomatoes and the stock and simmer for 10 mins. Season to taste.
Pour the tomatoes over the cannellini and top with grated pecorino. Cook in the oven for 20 mins until the pasta is soft and cooked through.

Back