Extra Easy Cannot get back into slimming world since Christmas for the life of me Help!!!!

nadiekins

Hey everyone,
I went to New York at the start of December for 10 days needless to say I ate all around me. This continued into January I basically munched my way through December. I had weigh in last Monday and I had put 4.5lbs on which I was happy with considering the amount a ate.
My problem is I can't get back into slimming world none of the slimming world meals or recipes are appealing to me at all. My head just isn't in it right now and I really don't know what to do to get back into the swing of things. I just want to pig out and eat what I like but I know I can't do that. I am really disheartened and I'm looking for some advice and support from people who might be or have ever been in the same boat ???

Thanks,

Sinead x x x

I'm having the same problem!

I just looked at some pics from my holiday sept 2011. I then looked at my pics from sept 2012. I had lost 2st 7lb and never realised how much my face had changed!

I still have 2 stone to go, hoping when i wake up tomorrow i am in the right frame of mind. I know how much i want to loose weight, but i eat healthy all day then eat everything in sight when i get home from work!

Hopefully we can snap out of this soon. I have just planned meals for tomorrow so i know i have 9 syns for treats. Maybe this will help x

Hi I started sw two years ago after Christmas and lost weight but gained it again. When I tried to start again last January I just couldn't get back into it and it has taken me until now-a year later to be motivated again.
I think you do have to be in the right mindset, for me I just can't bear the thought of going through the summer again trying to find ways to disguise my massive tummy!!
I have also looked at different options for my hex's as there are new options now. I also count my syns weekly so I can have more treats at the weekend.
Not sure how helpful this is but good luck :)

Have a look at the motivational pictures and syke yourself up, think of what made you want to do it in the first place, and then plan your meals for the week and get organised, think about the kind of things you are fancying and look on the recipe forum and slimming world them :)

Check out the before and after photos they always help
write down reasons you want to lose weight and set yourself small achievable targets to help motivate you
there must be some recipes you like Hun, sw had thousands of recipes online, in the mags and in the books at class so it's worth spending an evening writing down some new stuff to try then doing a food shop.

Planning ahead meals helps me to stick to plan too, preparing the night before etc.

And last but not least get off that sofa, shift ya butt and get down to sw :) xxxx

Try to introduce the 1/3rd rule and cut out the naughty munchies to start with- thinking of SW as a 'diet' can really be demotivating; easier to think about the now and eat things you know you enjoy!

Today I had a salad at Subway with chicken and Sweet Onion sauce (2 syns) and it was SO yummy, didn't seem like a salad at all as it had that sticky sweet sauce and was just delicious. This week I've felt so naughty with all of the tasty treats I've had like whipped cream on my hot chocolates and a trip to my local Harvester where I had grilled chicken breast with a side of JD sauce (5 syns- worth it!) and then even split a toffee sundae with my fella for just 5 syns- felt SO bad of me but I stuck within my syns for the day and had loads of super free foods. Somehow this week I managed to lose 4 pounds while eating out three times!

Think about what you can indulge in without breaking rules- there are so many 'loopholes' to make SW enjoyable!
(I've only been doing it 6 weeks so may not be so perky in a couple of months, but at the moment I'm trying not to think about how much I've got to lose and how long it'll take and enjoy playing the wii fit and snacking on yummy home made humous and red peppers!)

Such great advice from everyone. I sooo agree about allowing yourself synned treats and planning ahead for meals.

Think about all the food and meals that you struggle to give up and look at how you can make sw options or fit them into your syns. For me, my weakness is chocolate milkshake, desserts, scotch eggs and cooked breakfasts. I have just found out that there are chocolate milks that can be used for HexA so I have stocked up on them :) I buy frozen fruit and meringue nests for a 2.5 syn dessert, sometimes mixed with syn free mullerlight. I have also made the chocolate truffle recipe on here when I really craved chocolate. I make the sw scotch eggs and often do a batch to last a couple of days. Plus cooked breakfasts are allowed so I have my light choices sausages, frylight fried eggs and lean bacon yum yum

This time round I don't feel like I am on a diet at all. I tend to get cravings for nice food and alcohol on Friday nights so I use more syns on Friday to allow myself treats and take it off my 105 syns for the week and this helps me stick to plan. Last time when I did sw and went from 11 stone to 10 stone in two months, I counted my syns down from 105 syns each week and sometimes used half of them just in the weekend, but it worked and meant I could have food and drink I enjoyed on the weekend.

Such great advice from everyone. I sooo agree about allowing yourself synned treats and planning ahead for meals.

Think about all the food and meals that you struggle to give up and look at how you can make sw options or fit them into your syns. For me, my weakness is chocolate milkshake, desserts, scotch eggs and cooked breakfasts. I have just found out that there are chocolate milks that can be used for HexA so I have stocked up on them :) I buy frozen fruit and meringue nests for a 2.5 syn dessert, sometimes mixed with syn free mullerlight. I have also made the chocolate truffle recipe on here when I really craved chocolate. I make the sw scotch eggs and often do a batch to last a couple of days. Plus cooked breakfasts are allowed so I have my light choices sausages, frylight fried eggs and lean bacon yum yum

This time round I don't feel like I am on a diet at all. I tend to get cravings for nice food and alcohol on Friday nights so I use more syns on Friday to allow myself treats and take it off my 105 syns for the week and this helps me stick to plan. Last time when I did sw and went from 11 stone to 10 stone in two months, I counted my syns down from 105 syns each week and sometimes used half of them just in the weekend, but it worked and meant I could have food and drink I enjoyed on the weekend.

Choc milk as healthy extra?! Please tell me more! I always struggle with my a choice x

Go up to your room. Takes your clothes and have a good look at yourself. Is this wht you want to be like this coming summer? You can stuff your face or you can have some self control and some self respect. It's up to you.

I have been in your shoes a couple of times! I kind of hope each day that I am going to wake up with a different mindset or a bag of motivation! I have to find away to kick start myself but its so easy for a couple of days to turn into a couple of months and therefore a couple of inches!
What has worked for me before is looking through recipe books! Get on the scales! Go to group! Be aware of what you need to lose again and create a countdown! Plan!
The longer you leave it the more motivation you will have to find the harder it is going to be! Start now lady :)

Choc milk as healthy extra?! Please tell me more! I always struggle with my a choice x

hehe I only found this out last week! You can have 200ml of Oatly chocolate milk or Kara Chocolate coconut milk for one HexA. You can find them in the long life milk section. I have tried both and they are nice, the Oatly one is creamy and the Kara one is more chocolately and sweet. :-D

Christmas 2011 I was in your position. I ate and ate and ate, and put on 6lb of the 2st I had lost. I didn't fully get into the zone again until July, really. Lost another 2st, and then put a stone on this Christmas gone! Rats! But at least I'm back in the zone a lot earlier this year.

You can only do this if you WANT to do this. What do you want?

Thank you everyone for the motivation. I decided to stand naked in front of a mirror and take pictures of my body from every angle (cringe) I have them saved in my phone so whenever I feel low or need a push I'm going to look at them. I am still going to weigh in regardless because if I stop that I will lose it altogether! This week I followed slimming world on Wednesday, Friday and today (Sunday ) but pigged out the other days, I have decided I am NOT doing that again and my number one aim now is to have a 100% week. I am gonna take all the advice about planning meals for the week etc I can do this and I'm gonna get my fat ass off the couch and shake myself lol Thanks so much x x x x

Hey everyone,
I went to New York at the start of December for 10 days needless to say I ate all around me. This continued into January I basically munched my way through December. I had weigh in last Monday and I had put 4.5lbs on which I was happy with considering the amount a ate.
My problem is I can't get back into slimming world none of the slimming world meals or recipes are appealing to me at all. My head just isn't in it right now and I really don't know what to do to get back into the swing of things. I just want to pig out and eat what I like but I know I can't do that. I am really disheartened and I'm looking for some advice and support from people who might be or have ever been in the same boat ???

Thanks,

Sinead x x x

Hi Sinead, I had the same problem Dec 2011 going into Jan 2012. I was down to 14st 11lbs, from 17st4lbs, and I put on 6lbs over Xmas:eek:. I kept on trying to get back into the plan in Jan 2012 but it really was difficult and like you I wasn't finding SW recipes appealing at all. By March 2012 I had gone up another 6lbs and still couldn't summon up the will power to start being really good to myself. As you can see from my stats I have gone up 25lbs from December 2011. So I'm an example of how if you don't kick yourself and really get into it, you end up putting on so much more. I put on 4lbs over Xmas 2012 and I realised that if I didn't do something to change my whole attitude towards food I might end up right back where I was when I started in 2011. So I signed up as a new SW member last monday and will try to go to meetings as often as I possibly can. And if not, there is always minimims. So here I am giving you some support and saying you can do this, you just have to make it work. Good luck. ;)

Hello

i put back on 9.1/2 lbs of the 7 stone+ I lost last year and stuck to plan 100% last week with 99 syns used, to only lose 1/2 lbs - I was so disappointed. So with the help of my consultant I am "trying" fast forward this week to hopefully get my body and weight lose going back in the right direction.

Back