Can't believe it.....re-feed tomorrow....but I have a question.

Ms R

Dear all

I'm due to start re-feed tomorrow but I do have a question. Do I have to stick rigidly to the re-feed plan, i.e. having 2 meals on day 2 & 3 etc... or can I just continue to have only 1 meal per day for a week and then introduce 2 meals with just 1 shake and then finally in my 3rd week, introduce the replacement of the last shake with a meal, in effect, doing the refeed over 3 weeks?

I have to admit, I'm a bit scared of losing the security of my shakes despite finding them disgusting but I really don't feel ready to give them up completely. I'm not actually at goal and to be honest, if it wasn't Christmas next week, I would not be re-feeding. I'm only re-feeding so I can join in the Christmas and Boxing Day lunches with the family. I'm kind of thinking I can do a little bit of re-feed, sufficient to allow me to have some meat & veg and then maybe jumping straight back to 100% TFR until I get the last 1.5st off which I should do by end of Jan.

Thoughts/comments much appreciated.

Hi ms r
When I do refeed I follow it. But I only have two shakes a day and one meal. Have never had two meals cos I always plan to go back on the TFR.
Well done and don't be so scared its ok. X

UPDATE!!

Ladykate, thank you for replying and your advice, much appreciated.

I phoned Lipotrim today and spoke to a lovely very helpful & informative lady who has done Lipotrim so alsomspeaks drom experience. Long story short, I havento follow re-feed to the letter or risk considerabe weight gain and putting what I've done over the last 17 weeks in jeopardy!

It was a lenghty coversation, too much to type up but I would strongly urge those re-feeding to do it properly and then if you still want to lose more weight, start The shakes again from the beginning, that's what I intend to do. I'm going to see how much I've lost in the last week tomorrow morning then I'll start my re-feed and if....afer New Year and a further 2 weigh in's (I'm going to get weighed every week at the Pharmacy even when eating, using hem like a free diet club) I still feel I need to lose a stone or more, I'll go back on them for a month & re-feed again. If on the other hand I'm happy with the progress of my weight loss on re-feed& subsequent healthy eating, I'll continue to lose weight and then maintain and get weighed every week at the Pharmacy.

UPDATE!!

Ladykate, thank you for replying and your advice, much appreciated.

I phoned Lipotrim today and spoke to a lovely very helpful & informative lady who has done Lipotrim so alsomspeaks drom experience. Long story short, I havento follow re-feed to the letter or risk considerabe weight gain and putting what I've done over the last 17 weeks in jeopardy!

It was a lenghty coversation, too much to type up but I would strongly urge those re-feeding to do it properly and then if you still want to lose more weight, start The shakes again from the beginning, that's what I intend to do. I'm going to see how much I've lost in the last week tomorrow morning then I'll start my re-feed and if....afer New Year and a further 2 weigh in's (I'm going to get weighed every week at the Pharmacy even when eating, using hem like a free diet club) I still feel I need to lose a stone or more, I'll go back on them for a month & re-feed again. If on the other hand I'm happy with the progress of my weight loss on re-feed& subsequent healthy eating, I'll continue to lose weight and then maintain and get weighed every week at the Pharmacy.

Hi ms r just to let you know slimandsave have come up with a food list for Xmas day so you can eat but stay in katosis and have about 1100 cal of food over the day it seem alot really but looks quite tasted good luck with you refeed I am enjoying the choice on slimandsave and learning to cope with food as I introduce it slowly back in

how did you get on? I didnt do a refeed and have put a fair bit of weight - oops!! Feel rubbish inside and do regret it but feel it ahs also taught me some very valuable lessons I will need for maintaining my weight. I'm raring to go and start again to lose what I've gained and the last few pounds I wanted to lose, but have not been able to as had dinner invites and the inlaws on thurs, fri, sat, sun and tonight!! and I know how awkward it would have been, I really should have done refeed properly before hand but sheer stupidy and I did not - i seriously recommend doing a refeed before planned eating event! FOr me beacause it was the special occasion I just wanted to lose as much as possible for that day to look my b est (I have to say everyone was talking about how much weight i'd lost :) even the motehr in law - first time ever, said last night in front of everyone, that i look great and have lost loads, was really chuffed!) in hinsight I wish I had done the refeed so badly! but ratehr than stay in denial, let all the weight creep on again I am taking control!! Will offically post re start weight tomorrow (plan on starting 2mo, have been invited out to eat with friensds but may decline as Im just to desparate to start again, and with the inlaws i couldnt say no! get offended and all!)

so plan 3 weeks TFR and 1 week refeed. dreading weigh in tomorrow!!

Hi goose you are like me I did do the refeed but have still put a bit of weight on but on the 2nd of jan I will get weight and start from there again. Life put these things in our way to make us stronger we just have to learn how to stand up and take back the control of our life's again. Happy new year to you and a mew start

aww thanks Mburke, love wat you have written, your right it makes us stronger :) such a lovely way to put it and we always seem to beat ourselves down and be negative but love your positive spin on it! Lets both hope for a decent first week weight loss!

xx

Well the re-feed was OK up untilDay 4 but even before this, I'd put on 2.5lb which I can only assume was fluid weight because I stuck 100% to the refeed plan!!! Then it was an absolute disaster and I've fallen off the wagon big style!!! Had 3 days of just rubbish binging and I too feel awful, in fact feel like I've been poisioned!!

I tried desperately to phone Liportim to get some more information about the re-feed because I think that the official sheets they give you are pretty rubbish to be honest. So not getting any response on the phones, (they must have closed down for Christmas & New Year), I decided to just go with eating what I wanted until TODAY!!! As of today I'm back on 100% TFT until at least end of January to get my last 1.5st off.

As I didn't get a response on the phone from Lipotrim, I asked my Pharmacy re the re-feed and told them how rubbish the sheet where and they agreed and said it would be best to ring them. Anyway, I decided to email them and posed 10 questions that I think, if I get an answer to them, will help others as well as myself when it comes to re-feed again.

So here are my questions I've asked (I'll post this separately and ask if anybody has anything to add).

1. For days 1 - 3, it states moderate serving of salad (small breakfast bowl). 'Moderate & Small' mean different things to different people. Can you please state in either ounces or grams what you mean by moderate or small breakfast bowl? Is it 6oz of salad or 400g? Being more specific would be of great benefit to people like myself.

2. Why can we not have cauliflower or carrots on days 1-3 as vegetables and at what stage can these vegetables be introduced?

3. Does the amount of potato or bread on Day 4 onwards have to be as much as 8oz or 2 slices etc... or can it be less than this? If not then why not?

4. From Day 4 onwards, it states 'lean meat with all visible fat trimmed off' but it does not specify what the quantity is. Again it would be much more beneficial to have an amount stated in either ounces or grams. Also is this the amount to have for the rest of our lives to maintain weight loss?

5. Again it states small servings of fruit. How much is a small serving? It would be more helpful to either state 6oz of grapes or 1 small satusuma or 1 medium banana or 1 medium apple etc.. Simply stating small serving is far to subjective and will be interpreted by each individual differently.

6. Is gravy made with instant granuals allowed and if so, on what days can this be introduced and is there a limit to how much?

7. Can you continue to use the Lipotrim foruma rather than the maintenance products during refeed and the weeks following the first week as I've tried the sample maintenance products and didn't like them.

8. There is no mention of eggs on the re-feed sheets, are these permitted and if so, from what day and again, what is the quantity, small medium or large (as stated on the boxes they are purchased in).

9. Is tinned crab meat or tinned clams allowed during re-feed in addition to or as a replacement for tuna in brine and if not, when can these be introduced and in what quantities?

10. Once the first week or 2 of re-feed has been successfully undertaken, are we then expected to adhere to a low calorie diet and if so, how many calories should we be aiming for and how many calories from each food type, i.e. 300 calories from protein, 300 calories from carbohydrates, 200 calories from fat, 400 calories from fruit, 300 calories from vegetables???? Information like this would be invaluable in helping to plan ahead and maintain weight loss for the future.

I appreciate your help in answering these questions as I feel that the answer to these are the crucial missing information from the available re-feed sheets and should hopefully help myself and others to succeed beyond TFR.

hello Mrs R! Nice to hear from you. Don't worry hun, there are a lot of us who have fallen of the bandwagon! And I think its what we do now that counts. Rather than bury our heads in the sand as long as we take control.
I fell of the bandwagon and tried to ring lipotrim over Xmas as I was going down a slippery slope and no response, was really frustrated and even more annoyed when there website said nothing about closing over Christmas. In the end, I rang my pharmacist and told her I needed some help!! So she agreed to see me, she was useful to some extent but I felt I was telling her I need to go back on lipotrim and she wasn’t so keen on me going back on.

Your questions to lipotrim are really useful and look forward to the response! I know how you feel about being ‘posioned’. I felt that way, I think a lot of us have discussed this issue we have with food and I think once we get to goal we should all try keep active on the maintenance thread to help us deal with our issues with food or try to follow some structure like SW or WW or CC to keep us in control. If we never had issues with food we would never be over weight to start of with,

Well done for coming back to it, it’s hard, I know I am back on today. Just having my first shake now – forgot how disgusting they taste!

Well I've still been having a shake everyday as per re-feed apart from the last 3 days, basically Sunday Monday and yesterday but totally back 100% today, about to have my 2nd shake at 4pm.

This time round, I am going to exercise. Planning on swimming tonight but I have 2 issues.

1. No swimming costume or goggles, just cannot find them anywhere so need to buy new ones tonight.

2. Have an injury to my left popliteus muscle and it's very painful to walk so not sure if swimming will further damage it. Will make my decision tonight but I have to get the swimsuit first of all so issue 1 will be resolved tonight!!

I ended up having to email Ireland as the email for England just bounced back twice but I've not yet had a response!!!

Welcome back on TFR Ms R! Missed you! I've added you to the January challenge just need you know your pledge ;).

Heyyyy BM, missed you too & I'm going o smash a January target og 18lbs!!!!

Although I still look & feel slim, I know the rampage I've been on the last 3 days will have done some damage but back on track today, just having my 3rd shake. Will get weighhed Saturday morning so will then know the extent of the damage and face up to it. Feel quite proud of myself for taking back control much fasterr than I would have ever normally done, just hope I regain the strength & determination to do another 5 or 6 weeks to get the last of my weight off. I have re-set my target to 9st 7lb to give me a 7lb cushion so when I do my final re-feed, I have 7lb to play with, as long as I do 't go over 10st I'll be content.

Soooooo are we going to do this ladies & gents???? I AM!!!!! ARE YOU WITH ME??????

My re-feed disaster story is in the re-feed section for those wanting to learn what not to do!!!!

Ms R great questions you emailed to them. Just wondering have you gotten a response yet as i am due to re feed 5days time WOOHOO :) would be GREAT to have the answers to your questions!thanks a million x

Ditto! I'm not re-feeding yet but would love to know the answers before I do. Great questions!

Did you ever get those answers? X

Back