Cant exercise, going up the wall!

trw1972

Hey all

After dropping a dumbell on my ribs almost two weeks ago, i havent been able to train whatsoever, cant run because breathing deeply hurts, and so does any exercise that involves using muscles.

Its driving me insane and doesnt seem to be getting any better.

Question is, has anyone ever bruised their ribs before? If so how long did it take to heal?

And has anyone been unable to train due to injury? What do you do to stop yourself going mad in that time?

Cheers

I haven't but I'm worried that I'm soon going to be in that position. I've got a weird knee, I've always been a little clicky but this knee has started crunching, loudly. Squats, stairs, anything like that and you can hear a big crunch/grinding sound. I spoke to the nurse on monday and she said that I need the doctor to check it out and that I'll need an x-ray on it. She told me not to stop exercising because getting the weight off will help, even though it's not necessarily the cause but I'm a bit worried that the doctor will check it out, get an x-ray and then say stop doing those exercises. I can't do low intensity stuff. Well I can, but I have to work a lot longer so the short but intense workouts are not only more enjoyable but fit in with my timetable more. If I'm not allowed to do them anymore, for a while at least, I'm not sure what I'd do! I think I'd go mad so I feel your pain, completely. Do you have any hobbies or something you could focus on instead?

I cracked ribs when I was younger & from what I can remember it took a good 6 weeks to heal unfortunately :(

Back