Can't find fromage frais... ANYWHERE!

jamielou88

Hello, I'm new, just joined SW last night.

My downfall is dressings... I can't eat food without a sauce.

... Mayo
... Honey & Mustard
... Sweet chilli

EVERYTHING!

So I saw loads of ideas in the mags that use fromage frais, but I just can't find it anywhere. I've tried Asda, Morrisons & Tesco and I've been looking in the yogurt isle.

Am I just missing it, or is it only sold in specific shops?

Thank you

I bought some in tesco last week but had trouble finding it! It was with the cheeses. I'm sure they used to do a couple of types but now there's only one big tub of the light choices. I had to ask someone, so ask just in case you've missed it.

Got some "good for you" less than 1% fat fromage frais from asda today - was on cheese aisle high up. Took me a while!

Hello, I'm new, just joined SW last night.

My downfall is dressings... I can't eat food without a sauce.

... Mayo
... Honey & Mustard
... Sweet chilli

EVERYTHING!

So I saw loads of ideas in the mags that use fromage frais, but I just can't find it anywhere. I've tried Asda, Morrisons & Tesco and I've been looking in the yogurt isle.

Am I just missing it, or is it only sold in specific shops?

Thank you

You're just missing it. Have you asked?

In our Tescos its in the yog aisle (but next to the cheeses!)

In Morrisons today and hunted high and low for cottage cheese - they'd decided it was best with the houmous etc!!! Numpties!!

All supermarkets should have a designated SW aisle lol

I bought some today in asda was with the natural and Greek yoghurts and is in the good for u range hope u find it. Just ask whilst there some1 will help u x

I've bought it from asda and sainsbury.. It does go very quick though so if u shop when it's closing you may not find it...

My Sainsbury's always has full shelves of it. Right next to the big yogurt pots.

It's also next to the Greek Yog in my Asda too.

Quark is my supermarket pet peeve- they must only get 6 in at a time and when it's gone, it's gone! I ended up buying 4 once because I knew I'd struggle to get it and we were particularly fond of a pasta recipe at the time.

JezVonSavage said:
It's also next to the Greek Yog in my Asda too.

Quark is my supermarket pet peeve- they must only get 6 in at a time and when it's gone, it's gone! I ended up buying 4 once because I knew I'd struggle to get it and we were particularly fond of a pasta recipe at the time.

Honestly never found any quark in a supermarket! Like the holy grail!

Honestly never found any quark in a supermarket! Like the holy grail!

Think Sainsburys and Morrisons are the only ones that do it! Luckily, I shop in Sainsburys and usually I don't have trouble getting it as the shelf is full most of the time.

Chipmunk89 said:
Think Sainsburys and Morrisons are the only ones that do it! Luckily, I shop in Sainsburys and usually I don't have trouble getting it as the shelf is full most of the time.

Both asda and tesco do it around these parts but it took me months to find it, partly because there is never any on the shelf! It's in the continental cheese section, would you believe?

Now this one thing that French supermarkets get right IMHO. They put all the 0% stuff together - so 0% natural yoghurt, flavoured yoghurt, fromage frais etc. are all in one place. Then next to that will be the low fat stuff. It means you don't have to even look at the full fat temptations on offer! Same goes for the cheese section - low fat Brie, for example, will be with other low fat cheeses, not with other types of full-fat Brie. I have yet to find Quark, though I have found some cubes of 0% soft cheese, which I suppose is the same sort of thing.

Now this one thing that French supermarkets get right IMHO. They put all the 0% stuff together - so 0% natural yoghurt, flavoured yoghurt, fromage frais etc. are all in one place. Then next to that will be the low fat stuff. It means you don't have to even look at the full fat temptations on offer! Same goes for the cheese section - low fat Brie, for example, will be with other low fat cheeses, not with other types of full-fat Brie. I have yet to find Quark, though I have found some cubes of 0% soft cheese, which I suppose is the same sort of thing.

That's a good idea - supermarkets here should take note!

I checked in Waitrose today - the Quark was next to the Philadelphia, the Fromage Frais was next to the cream and creme fraiche.

In my tesco the quark is also with the continental cheeses - yeh, a bit weird I know...! And you're right...I think they only have a few tubs on the shelves.

I've also struggled to find the fromage frais...for some reason I thought it might happen to be with the yogurts...nope! I will stalk the cheese aisle next time I go to tesco!

AnnaFaraday said:
I checked in Waitrose today - the Quark was next to the Philadelphia, the Fromage Frais was next to the cream and creme fraiche.

Well done Waitrose for bringing some sense to the proceedings! I too would put the Quark with the Philly...same consistency I suppose.

In my tesco the quark is also with the continental cheeses - yeh, a bit weird I know...!

Errr - Quark is German cheese - so not surprising it's with the continental cheeses really.

Back