Can't find the motivation

SMCE

1 and a half years ago I weighed 208lbs for 3 years because everything I tried I cheated and couldn't stick to. Last year I lost weight by following weight watchers. By 6 months I weighed 166lbs. Then a year on I still weigh 166lbs because I lost my motivation.

I shouldn't complain too much as I haven't gained any weight back. I am obviously learning to be better. Plus I am a healthy weight and I should be proud of that.

But I cheated on every day (3 days) of slimming world so far.

I don't know how to make myself behave and follow the plan. I just cave at every hurdle.

Anyone in the same boat?

How have you cheated? Have you gone over syns?

Look at the before and after phots on one of the threads. I think they are from all diets not just SW but that will definitely motivate you

But I cheated on every day (3 days) of slimming world so far.
Anyone in the same boat?

:D I have to admit, I cheat a little, too. Not with going over my syns, but with certain foods. I need to have cereal for breakfast, don't like anything else and not just any, it's got to be Kelloggs Cornflakes. I cannot stand branflakes or muesli or weetabix, I only like cornflakes LOL
Now, I am convinced I am a little addicted to cornflakes, as I even used to replace dinners with c'flakes some days before I restarted SW (naughty, naughty)
However, I weigh my portion in the morning (30g) and eat that with a piece of fruit.
I know it is cheating, but I also know that if I would deprive myself, I would go off the rails. Rebel at heart :) So far it has not hampered my weight loss efforts (and didn't do it two years ago, either)
Yes, I know it's cheating, but I'll live with it. Now, I do not want to motivate others to do as I do! It's my personal choice and it doesn't effect my pounds coming off, but everybody is different, so don't take me as an example.
You need to ask yourself, why you cheat. Could it be that you feel deprived of something? Do you subconsciously believe you don't need to lose weight? Only if you find the answer within yourself can you make the needed amendments, almost like a "contract" with yourself. Perhaps you find a way of integrating your "cheating" into the plan and change the cheating into synning? Whichever solution you come up with, good luck xx Your mind needs to be in it to win it :)

Thanks guys!

Cheating is like:
Hmm I'll just pretend coco pops are a hexb
Or
Eating fresh pasta and not syning it.

I think you may be right. I'm 5ft9 and a size 12. I'm no longer fat and maybe subconsciously I think I'm allowed to cheat as in close to target.

I need to sort this out. Maybe I will start a food diary on here. It may be good to write it down rather than remember in my head.

I cheat loads! Lol! Tonnes and tonnes . It's the bits between the cheating that does the job...

And knowing what/ how to rein it in when the scales decide not go let you get away with it.

I hope you feel better about cheating And good luck with your diary x

Back