cant help but feel crap about it? :(

minniex

skinny minnie
I've had two slices of soreen malt loaf for lunch as well as a ryritta with philladeplha what i didnt realise was how many syns soreen actually had! i think i could of consumed around 10 syns for it and it feels horrible because it so wasnt worth it. when you think your doing right but your really not ay! is there anything i could eat to replace the soreen with less syns in it?

Don't feel bad about it, this is the exact reason we have Syns.

Even if it was 10 Syns worth, you're still within your daily allowance of 15 Syns, and now you know for next time.

Don't beat yourself up about it x

Thanks stevie, I just hate using big syns on little things could of had chocolate for that haha! x

Very true but at least now you know :)

I'm sure someone will be able to point you in the direction of something similar but lower in Syns.

Have a great weekend x

The weetabix cake has a very similar taste to soreen, I think. I'm certain the recipe is in the SW recipe forum, if you have a search. I'd search & post a link but my phone won't manage to link it!

Soreen is just CAKE, but sold as healthy tbh :(

Theres no reason not to have it though, that's what your syns are for, but it should be a treat or a snack or dessert or something, definitely not your main meal. You would be better having a big, filling salad to go along with your Ryvita, or a jacket potato or veggies with grilled meat, or something else that is free/low syn and using your syns to treat yourself on the Soreen or the chocolate if you fancy it.

Dont worry, youll soon get used to it. :) You need to base your meals around free and superfree food and then anything else you can add as syns to brighten it up or to treat yourself :) Most things are sold as 'healthy' cos they contain fruit or veg or 'less fat', or 'less sugar', or 'less salt', or less-whatever-else but they arent really 'healthy' at all, at least not in a weight loss way cos theyre still full of calories :(

PS there aren't many cake-y things that are low-syn (all this kind of thing is 1 syn per 20 calories, so you can always work it out from the packet btw), so youd probably be better off making your own, something like Scan Bran cake or Weetabix cake (in the Recipes section) - but if youre just after a quick sweet fix there are quite a few cereal bars that are low syn or can be used as HEXes, such as Oaty bars, Alpen Light, Hifi Bars, Sainsburys BGTY bars etc. :)

The weetabix cake has a very similar taste to soreen, I think. I'm certain the recipe is in the SW recipe forum, if you have a search. I'd search & post a link but my phone won't manage to link it!
I second this. I made it last year and it was truly gorgeous. Very similiar to bread pudding if you like that. x

Back