Can't live without ...

northern_m

Hello, I'm new to this (and I'm a bloke) and could do with a little help ...

Are there any things that people can't live without? I mean, are there things that I should always have in that are free or have a low syn value?

Any suggestions would be great as it's taking a while for me to get used to the ins and outs of the programme.

Welcome new bloke too (sorry for pinching your line sausage !!).

very low fat total 0% (free) or 2% (v low syns) yoghurt or v low fat fromage frais - I use them to make sauces creamy. Got bored of tomato based sauces quite quickly and this means that I can make sauces that are free/low syns that keep me interested and I couldn't have otherwise.

Good luck.

Gail x

Welcome to the forums - I'm pretty new myself but I've never come across a more helpful bunch of people! :D My list is similar to Allie's

Fresh:
Onions
Garlic
Potatoes
Peppers
carrots
tomatoes
mushrooms
stirfry veg packs
spinach
Cauli
apples
bananas
oranges/satsumas

Tins:
Chopped Tomatoes
Baked beans
mixed beans
kidney beans
tuna

Chilled:
Eggs
Low fat cheese/ laughing cow spreads
Passata
ham
semi-skimmed milk
Shape zero yogurts
mullerlite yogurts
crab sticks

Groceries:
wholegrain Rice
Pasta
Weetabix
Oats so simple
Ready Brek
Coffee
Vodka
diet pepsi
sachets sugar free jelly
quick soak mushy peas
mixed pulses
oxo/chicken stock cubes/veg stock cubes/hot pepper sauce/soy
Frylite
curry spice mix from local asian supermarket
scan bran

Frozen:
Chicken breasts/strips
Extra Lean Mince
Lean Bacon
prawns
Ham shank
summer fruits/berries

I'm not always very organised but I was determined to make it so I had no need to head for 'bad' food on this diet! The fridge is bulging and the freezer is full of homemade soups/curries/chillis etc. I'm loving it!

most of what others have said and pineapple :)

I'm not going to make a big list, but I couldn't live without frylight, its used almost every day. And a good stock of herbs/spices are important to make food tastier without adding syns to it!

I've always got extra lean mince in the freezer too, great for spag bol, chilli, burgers, meatballs etc!
Plus a good supply of mullerlights too for free snacking!

Back