Can't live without....

lizs84

Just for fun....

What is the one food on Slimming World that keeps you going and you couldn't survive without?

Mine is probably eggs (mostly poached), though smoked salmon comes a close second. What are yours?

I second eggs. Cant live within them (I'm too big) can't live without them they are a real food staple.

Second would be potatoes. I'm not an SP girl and I love my actifry way too much.

Meat like ham an chicken to nibble when hungry an doing that stand an stare in the fridge thing please tell me I am not the only one lol

I do this :D

My go to is also cold meats and cooked chicken. And I love having chopped fruit available to just nibble too.

After reading about poached eggs here yesterday me and my OH attempted to make them... well it was a laugh if nothing else. I have since watched jamie olivers 3 easy ways on youtube and hope 1 will work hahah! I lose a runny egg...mmm :)

After reading about poached eggs here yesterday me and my OH attempted to make them... well it was a laugh if nothing else. I have since watched jamie olivers 3 easy ways on youtube and hope 1 will work hahah! I lose a runny egg...mmm :)

I use the hairy bikers method...
Pan of just simmering water with a splash of white wine vinegar
Break egg into a mug
Tip straight into the water. No need to swirl first!
Then use a spatula on the top of the water to kind of roll the egg away from the bottom, without actually touching the egg.
3 minutes and you're done!

Works for me every time!

I'm feeling hungry reading all of these! I do my poached eggs the Tom Kerridge way...
Put a tiny splash of white wine vinegar in the bottom of an espresso cup (or something similar) and crack the egg into it - apparently this starts to cure the egg so that it stays together better.
Get a wide-ish saucepan of not quite simmering water, create a whirlpool with a spoon and slip the egg from the cup literally on the surface of the water so that it doesn't have to drop in from a height. Put a 2 minute timer on and just wait. I keep my eggs at room temperature and I like them slightly underdone with the whole yolk runny - timings are pretty individual I think!
Then lift out the egg and put it onto a clean cloth to dry it (hate soggy toast!) and voila!
I probably have them three times a week at least. Love SW!

Mine would have to be large pickled onions, really nice as a quick snack when feeling a bit peckish!

Wholewheat pasta. Without it I'd not eat much else really. And I'm sick of apples!

Back