Can't loose weight

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by raquelscatt, 21 June 2011 Social URL.

1. raquelscatt

raquelscatt Full Member

In 3 weeks on SW I have lost just 2lbs which for someone like me weighing 17st 6lbs is dire. Tonight I gained 1/2 lb :(

I have given food diaries in to my consultant and on what I have eaten (I have been very truthful,) weighing all heathly extras, loads of fruit and veg, water, etc she can't understand it either. She is going to look at my food diary for this last week which I handed in tonight and says she will call me tomorrow. Ok, we went to a party on Saturday but I avoided all the bad food and even resisted the chocolate cake! To say I am miffed is an understatement.

Her suggestion in class was to fill out an SAS log but I feel like crying and giving up, in fact I didn't stop til the end for this reason.

Is there anything else I can do? I feel like such a failure and think I may aswell go back to my cream cake diet!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. banishwobbleforever

banishwobbleforever Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(11.64%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Don't really have any ideas hun, but I feel your pain, but do stick with it it will work. Have you checked what you are drinking any alcohol at the party? What types of food are you eating? Maybe post a few days food diary up so people can have a look. Well done for sticking with the plan this far x

4. frankied

frankied Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st1.5lb(39.41%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Are you eating until you are full or having more than that? As with SW you need to be able to recognize when you are full and not to eat until you are stuffed even if it is superfree or free food.

Are you doing any exercise? I ask because I started at similar weight and was sticking to plan but as I don't no exercise at all so I wasn't burning anything when I started exercising the pounds went from half pound to 2-4 pounds.

((hugs)) though it can be really tough when the weight isn't coming off, try to stick with it, it does work even if it needs a few touches here and there.

5. Maggie_Sak

Maggie_Sak Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12.5lb(5.49%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hun please don't give up yet, just keep at it. I am kinda in the same boat as you coz I haven't pulled in big numbers like other people. I started off at 17st 1lb and I expected to lose at least 5-7 lbs the 1st week but I only lost 3lbs, same for 2nd week and 3rd week I stayed the same weight. This week I have only lost a pound and it sucks that in a month I have only lost 7lbs. But you know what I won't quit because this is a lifestyle change and physically I feel better and exercising is easier. Eventually I know the weight will drop off. So my advice is to keep going, keep a food diary, exercise and drink plenty of water. And also set yourself a target as in how much you want to lose and how long you want it to take you. Be realistic, as they say you didn't put the weight on overnight and so it's going to take some time to lose it. Another thing, I know that Slimming World say that you can eat as much as you want to of the right kind of foods but try limiting your potions and only eat when you are hungry. I've started doing that now. Good luck.

6. JackieN

JackieN Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.81%)
    Diet:
    Slowly cutting out refined sugar and cooking more from scratch
    Hey I started at about the same weight sweetie and my losses are very slow compared to others. Dont be disheartened ((hugs)) you can do this and we'll all help you.

Post a couple of days diaries on here so people can try to advise and help you.

I swear by water, melon, strawberries and kiwi. So try to eat these most days. Not saying it works for everyone but I've come to like them all now.

Chin up. You can do this and everyone on here is so lovely and supportive xxxxx

7. Kron

Kron Target Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st0lb(35.71%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I lost an average of 1lb a week
    Now at target so even if it is a slow pace keep at it
    Be truthful on your food diary and hand it in every week
    When your consultant calls she may be able to point out any misunderstandings, it is a learning curve and you may be having something or quantities you shouldn't
    The plan does work, so don't get disheartened

8. chloecat

chloecat Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    17st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.34%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I totally understand why you are upset, but please don't give up. Once your consultant has looked through your diary properly, she might spot a misunderstanding/mistake that is the root of the problem. You might also be one of those people who perhaps needs to give red/green days a try, possibly it would suit you better. But don't give up, try and see this as a rocky start but one which can get better :)

9. Spotty Teapot

Spotty Teapot Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(9.52%)
    Diet:
    Sliming World
    replied to wrong post, sorry.

10. saintsue

saintsue Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.08%)
    Diet:
    Extra Easy
    Hi please dont give up, i have been like you only lost 2 lbs in 4 weeks then last week i did a red week and lost 3lbs so i am sticking with red days now love sue xxx

11. Sarahlou89

Sarahlou89 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.61%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Dont give up, you and your consultant will get to the bottom of it.

I started off a little bit heavier then you at 17 st 8lb and apart from my first week its been slow, even slower the past few weeks but since shaking things up a little bit the losses have been better.

12. feggy

feggy .

Start Weight:
    16st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    6st2lb(36.6%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    That does not suck! Half a stone in a month is great - if you can keep the pace that's 6 stone in a year which is not to be sniffed at!

13. Maggie_Sak

Maggie_Sak Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12.5lb(5.49%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    For me it does, I wanted more!

14. pamella

pamella Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(8.02%)
    Diet:
    green and extra easy

hey don't despair,keep at it.both my mom and i lose slow no matter what diet we do.on sw i seem to have very different losses every week.just stick to plan,keep rereading your instruction books as well as sometimes you may click with something that you have missed.
    good luck.

15. Rox5tar

Rox5tar Member

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Diet:
    Slimfast
    Maybe it would be worth keeping track of your measurements, your waist, hips and thighs. You may see some change there first :)

16. BikerAngel

BikerAngel Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I agree with the measuring as I see it in inches before the pounds come off and also are you on any medication as that can interfere with the weightloss sometimes as I know a lady that went to the class I used to and she had very slow losses due to medication but the doc had told her she would never lose so she was very pleased with her slow loss.

Good luck and don't give up and fingers crossed your consultant can help you out and if not post your food diary on here and we might spot something to help you out a bit more.

I would also say don't eat the same thing all the time like have weetabix every morning try and vary the things you have too as that helps keep your body on its toes :)

17. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    Hear hear! Less if the 'only' before your weight losses please! Lots of us lose an average of 1lb a week & work damn hard for it thank you!

18. ~*~Louisa~*~

~*~Louisa~*~ bye bye baby tummy

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.61%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Do the SAS log it could just click

are you eating enough? as a larger lady you may find you need more meals

are you having your syns

I am smaller at 12 stone (14 stone starting weight) and i was doing great and then it slowed down i started flip flopping up and down

i spoke to my consultant i was eating less and not my Hex

as soon as i broke it down into 3 meals 3 snacks Hex atleast 10 syns... i lost 4 1/2 lastweek the same i lost on my first week

I am sure someone said the higher your start weight you should try and have 6 small meals

when you diet its natural to think i need to limit i need to eat less but it doesnt work like that
    SW is about eating, its about not being hungry and learning to change habits not cut everything out

19. Yoyo dieter

Yoyo dieter Combining low GI and CC

Start Weight:
    9st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(6.62%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    GI/CC
  20. Safia

Safia Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.19%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hey i am of similar weight to you and this is my second time round doing sw. The main thing i have noticed second time round when i am on plan is that i have lost more weight this time round than last time where i used to lose mainly lbs and half lbs. The main change is the lack of carbs and i am only eating when i am hungary and my portions are smaller. Also i try and change what i eat everyday so my body doesnt get used to it x

21. Safia

Safia Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.19%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yoyo dieter your diary looks ok but your not eating a lot and sometimes that can affect weightloss x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.