Cant sleep :(

girlsbig98

Silver Member
I have a lot on in my personal life at the moment and quite stressed, keep waking up at 2 or 3am each day and cant get back to sleep! Would sleeping pills help or is that a bad idea?

Hiya I am in a similar position to you it sucks doesnt it?! The last few nights (bar tonight) have been better though i think because I've done a bit more exercise in the day and tired myself out. Wouldn't know about sleeping tablets maybe the herbal ones if you're desperate?

Id try a few natural remedies first, have you tried anything like Bachs Rescue Remedy, they have a night spray which is really good.

Id only go for sleeping tablets as a last resort

Id try a few natural remedies first, have you tried anything like Bachs Rescue Remedy, they have a night spray which is really good.

Thanks starlight :) I'm having the same problem... would the drops be ok to take on the diet (sorry if that's a really stupid question!)
x x

Think that is excellent advice especially in light of the new info re sleeping pills.

I often have sleepless nights and just go with the flow...altho' it's okay for me as I don't have to worry about getting up to go to work the next day...:D

However, I do find that the Paul McKenna's CD "I can make you slim" has a really good relaxing vibe and so acts as a sleep inducing exercise with the added advantage of helping with the diet control aspect. I find it invaluable.

Hope you soon find something to help...:)

ill take a look for that spray today i guess in boots yes? I actually fell to sleep in my chair ironically after posting i cant sleep lol!

I've suffered from insomnia since I was a teen. I would say stay as far away from sleeping pills as you can. For me, all they do is make my body sooo tired I can't move yet my mind is racing. Was like toture! At the moment I go bed at about midnight and up at 6 for work, I sleep some of that time!

Nothing has worked for me really, people recommend alcohol or a milky drink- even if not on a VLCD they don't work! I do put lavender oil on my pillow sometimes, that's soothing. I got a copy of 'I can make you sleep' by Paul McKenna at the library but have yet to use it, will report back if it works!

Have to say though, I am a lot less tired on S&S- I used to have to be careful not to sit down at lunchtime as I would get sooo sleepy but not sleep. Hasn't happened since I started S&S!

Back