Can't start SS? Disappointed :0(

vicky_notts

Well chosen a CDC out of the list that was showing my area. She's emailed me back and asked all the right questions and then told me as my BMi is showing 50 I can't start SS and I'm to start on step 3. Quite disappointed really as I chosen to move to cd from having in the past done lt for the fact it has steps and I can move up when I get fed up of SS. Didn't want to start on step 3 to start with :0( as its all or nothing with me. Just don't know if to give it a go and if its not for me go back to lt or just to stick with lt.
Why all the sudden change with starting different steps as I'm sure it didn't used to be like this?

I just restarted after 2 years with a BMI of 44 and my CDC didn't mention I couldn't do SS. Oooops, she is usually really good, but the first I found out about it was on here. Though to be honest if she had told me I would have done it anyway (whatever plan I am on, I am still buying 3 shakes), I have tried to Google why the change by can't find anything substantial that makes me think I shouldn't do SS. Not the most sensible approach I am sure, but it has worked before and I got signed off by the doctor last time, so I don't think I will be harming my health, in fact totally the opposite. I also predict I will be under 40 BMI within 6 weeks and there will then not be a problem.

I shall be watching this post to see if anyone does know the reasons why it all changed. Good luck with your diet.

My mum lost 7 stone in 6 months of step 3....do not be disheartened, you can still get the same results. Once your bmi hits 49 you will go on step 2. Its been this way since i first did it in 2009 x

Tricky this and I completely understand where you're coming from. Here's the thread that explains where this all started: http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-d...sh-about-not-being-able-ss-bmi-over-40-a.html

Now, you have a couple of options. You could get back in touch with your consultant and tell her that you've heard that there's a version of the plan where you make up the extra calories using milk (you can mix your shakes with milk rather than with water, or drink it straight, or add it to coffee and tea - whip yourself up a latte etc :)) so it becomes a liquid only diet and you don't have to put food into the equation.

Or, you can look into doing Slim and Save or Exante - there are forums here on Minimins for both.

Last edited:
I can't do SS as my BMI is 49, but what I can do is a special option called Red One which is 4 shakes and a pint of milk.I have my 4 shakes but I don't always have the milk(naughty me) so if you want to do CD that's how to do it.Ask her about red one and if she doesn't know about it then ask her to find out :) I flatly refused to eat food LOL

I'm naughty too, I know innocent me ;-)

My CDC has officially set me on 3 shakes and small meal (850 I think) as my BMI is also 49.

I am not eating so plan to have 4 shakes although only managed 3 today but I will b asking her about the Red plan.

Thanks for that x

Back