Can't stop losing weight...

Deb G

Silver Member
Never thought I would complain about this....but I can't seem to stop losing weight! I KNOW that we are likely to lose for the first 4-6 weeks of RTM, but I suppose I'm shocked, because I FEEL like I am eating a lot now (although when I counted it up from a calories point of view yesterday, its still only about 600-650 ish!). In one of the LL mags, one of the women featured in there lost a stone in RTM - and I don't want to lose THAT much!

I'm down to 8st9 now and feel very boney! I will ask my LLC tomorrow if there is anything I can do to maintain it here (don't want to go lower) ready for when I put some back at the end. 9st looks nice on me and I don't want to look like a skeleton!! Although I'm not sure how I'll manage to fit any more food into my day.....maybe an extra pack?

(STILL can't believe I've just said all that!!):rolleyes:

600-650 calories is still a VLCD. You should be eating more calories than that. Definitely speak to your LLC....

Nice problem to have though!

600-650 cals is pretty much what I would expect in weeks 1 to 2, I would imagine the aim is to add around 100-150 cals daily each week. That would then take us up to about 2000 at the end of RTM.
It does say most people still lose in the first 4 weeks, that is why I decided to stop about 7lbs before target.
However, I haven't lost a thing so far, which I am a bit disappointed about, but I can always do something about that later if nothing comes off.

I would talk to your LLC about it because you really don't want to get too underweight, she might advise bringing forward a few things.
My LLC told me to bring fruit forward last week for digestion reasons.

I am really hoping I have lost some this week, but I don't think I have according to my scales :(

I'm still losing weight too. I'm half way through week 5 of RtM. and have lost 6lbs since starting RtM. I am amazed because I seem to be eating LOADS!
A few others in my group have lost more than they wanted to in Rtm, our Counsellor bumped them up the programme by a few weeks. Maybe your Counsellor will do the same, Deb?

600-650 calories is still a VLCD. You should be eating more calories than that.

I'm only in week 2 - so its about the right amount - and we are warned we'll still lose - I suppose I just didn't think I'd still lose once off the packs and eating real food again!

A few others in my group have lost more than they wanted to in Rtm, our Counsellor bumped them up the programme by a few weeks. Maybe your Counsellor will do the same, Deb?

Yes - I think she probably will. I' ll speak to her tomorrow night and see what she says.

Thanks!

I was at group last week and I lost a pound. Believe you me, I am eating lots now and although I am not counting the calories, I am not too worried about it as I am sure it will go back on when I start to eat as per the plan later on in Rtm. I am going into week 7 tomorrow.
I wouldn't get too worried about it. I think it will settle out and 9stone sounds like a sensible weight.

Back