Can't stop thinking about food, AHHHH!

pinkcupcake106

I've always found w'ends so hard on whichever diet I've done, really want to stick with it & have a fab week one loss like everyone else but is so so hard!!! X

Do you have other people to cook for?

It's tough - it really is. Food is about so much more to us than just fuelling our bodies. We associate certain foods with comfort, happiness, love, etc. Then we use it as a coping mechanism when we're stressed / unhappy / bored. You are not unusual in this. One of the wonderful things about this diet is that (should you choose to) you can give up food. That's what I did when I first started. 6 months of 4 packs a day no veg no milk. That was a really powerful time for me and I learnt so much about my relationship with food. For example, why did I go and look in the fridge multiple times a day when it held nothing for me? As time went on and I was in a different place I moved to having 3 packs and a protein meal as I re-educated myself with what good food is and what portion sizes should be like. That was a really important stage but I think if I'd started in that mode then I may not have made it to goal.

I find weekends harder too. I have a family to make meals and snacks for and it's all I can do to just hang in there. I agree with weasey that 100% abstinence is easier than not. Hope you're doing ok today.

This will be my first weekend back on track !

Working in the day Saturday anyway ! I will crack it I'm more focused now than I have been for a while :) !

Stay strong x

Back