can't take my tetras - would 2 bars a day be a prob?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Dancing, 19 April 2008 Social URL.

1. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Flying to Ireland on Monday and I've just realised I can't take my tetras as I'm only taking carry on luggage (to avoid extra charges from Ryannair) ... this means I can only take liquids up to 100ml per item. Oh no!!!

Ignoring the issue around stomach upsets/wind (as that doesn't happen to me) would it be okay to have 2 bars a day for the four days that I'm away?
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Bobbin

Bobbin Needs a flattering photo

Cambridge Diet
    I know we shouldn't but at least once a week I have 1 1/2 or 2 bars. I know its naughty, but I have never had any problems. Could you take shakes/soups? I can drink the chilli and C&M soups by just whisking them with a fork in a mug. I know the shakes need a proper whizz, but maybe thats an option???
  4. Dreamer

Dreamer Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    I reckon it might be ok, but perhaps not for 4 day in a row. Do your 4 days include the one travelling there and the one travelling back? If so, maybe you could have your tetra at the airport on the way there....and on the day you get back, you could have your tetra(s) when you get back home? That would leave just 2 days in between, and I don't think 2 bars for 2 days would take you out of ketosis (unless you're very sensitive to carbs)
  5. amethyst

amethyst Banned

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Hery can you just post your tetras today to wear your going? so they be there for you tuesday? onwards.. ?
  6. JustJo

JustJo Cambridge Counsellor

Do you like the 'crunch' bars? They're lower in carbs (no higher than the shakes/soups), so won't take you out of ketosis if you have two of those a day. I have a peanut and a cranberry every day, whilst on cd, and my losses are textbook average.

Two bars a day is certainly better than winding up eating!

Jo x
  7. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

really, in that case I'll get a few more peanut as it was the coming out of ketosis I was worried about. Don't drink alot of soups but going to have one every day while away and can't drink the shakes unless totally free of lumps.

Will get more bars. Thanks
  8. Dinosaur

Dinosaur Full Member

If you have 2 bars a day, I'd split them so you have one in the morning and one much later on in the evening, so giving you 8-10 hours between them.

And most importantly ....

9. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

good idea about leaving a long break between when I eat them. Will do that!
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.