Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Car boot sales

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by WelshCake, 12 June 2011 Social URL.

1. WelshCake

WelshCake Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(30.74%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Anyone else love them?? With the weight loss I have been able to buy myself far more clothes than I would have been able to afford if I had to buy from a shop, yesterday I bought myself 5 Per Una skirts sizes 4 in a size 16 (3 fit 1 is too small) 1 size 14 (too small but I "WILL" get into it) a John Lewis mock-croc bag -brand new- a M&S summer cotton dress, a vest style top still in wrapped, black shrug with a detachable fluffy collar, a pink Per Una real pearls necklace still on the card with £12 price tag on and I had change from a fiver!!!!!:D

The best part is I bought a size 22 Per Una cotton summer dress for £3 last year to slim into, now it is too big I popped it on Ebay it went for over £55!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Wish

Wish Silver Member

Start Weight:
    100.7kg
    Current Weight:
    64.9kg
    Goal Weight:
    70.8kg
    Lost(%):
    35.8kg(35.59%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting/Low Fat
    Yes, I love car boot sales, used to get some brilliant bargains there, clothes like you say can be very good, new with tags for about £1 each, althogh you do have to get there really early these days as they have become more popular with the recession.

4. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My kinda girl. My kinda shopping.
    Now I just have to learn to do the ebay thing.

5. determinator

determinator Banned

I have never thought of car boot sales , i have bought most of my clothes from charity shops as i have been slimming though , may try a car boot or 2 soon :)

6. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You will not be sorry !!!!

7. WelshCake

WelshCake Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(30.74%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Give it a go, fabulous bargains to be had, 1 skirt I paid £1 for still had its £45 Per Una price tag on it!

8. Shirleen

Shirleen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(2.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I would go if they weren't always on a sunday!

9. Devon Dolce

Devon Dolce 1lb at a time!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.33%)
    Love car boots, charity shops and Ebay - I don't tend to buy my clothes there but do pick up some gorgeous vintage crockery for my ever growing collection! I love a bargain! xxx

10. nettie

nettie Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    i dont want to sound like a snob here but i feel really really funny going to the car boot near me. i must admit i have only been once and the people there were pushing others out of the way and it was just a bizarre experiance. i am not the type to rummage, i dont even go to tkmaxx because the clothes are all over the place.
    i would love to go to a car boot sale that is a bit more civilised, maybe i should try a charity shop?!
    i do love ebay though and i have had sooo many bargains :)

11. WelshCake

WelshCake Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(30.74%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've not been to a bootsale where theres any pushing and shoving, our bootsales are on a Tues/Thurs/Sat/Sun so plenty of choice

12. nettie

nettie Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    the nearest one to me is only on sundays and as i work during the week i dont know when any others are. id go if if i could find a nice friendly one :)

13. AnnaFaraday

AnnaFaraday ..

Loads of information online about car boot sales and where to find them:

Car boot sales in UK directory listed by local area

Car Boot Sales - Home

Car Boot Sales - Home

If you want a better class of car boot sale, then you have to go to a better class of area!! The best ever is the huge one in September by the river in Henley-on-Thames in aid of the RNLI - just a one-off sale but it has a fantastic atmosphere.

The other one I like is the Sunday morning one at Cheltenham racecourse.

But I have been to some which were very dodgy indeed - there's not really any way of knowing until you get there.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.