car broke down = extra body magic

louisehj

Had a really bad week in work last week (long story):cry: and then to top it off my car broke down on the way home from work on Thursday. Anyway decided to turn this negative into a positive. :)
On Friday I walked the 3 miles into town as I needed to go to get some bits n bobs for my holiday. I would have walked it back but had a hairdressers appointment at 1pm so needed to get back for that. So I caught the bus home and it cost £2.50!!!!:eek::eek:
Anyway, the mechanic who was fixing my car couldn’t get the part until Monday so I have been without my car all weekend. My son needed his hair cutting and seeing as he is busy almost every night with one activity or another we decided to walk there yesterday morning. It was 2 miles there and 2 miles back. In addition I have probably walked to our local shops about 3 or 4 times since thurday night which is a half mile round trip.
So all in all I have probably walked an additional 9 or so miles since Thursday so hopefully this should show on the scales on Monday.
My hubby managed to get the part from near to where he was working yesterday so the mechanic is coming round this morning to fit it.
It just goes to show how much we use our cars.

Back