car seats

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Without The Pounds' started by IreneH, 31 March 2009 Social URL.

1. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Has anyone any advice for choosing a car seat for the new baby please.

Irene xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Tazzi

Tazzi is Special :P

Start Weight:
    228kg
    Current Weight:
    78kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    150kg(65.78%)
    OOO is this for the baby cat ? :p I am so excited.

(sorry irene couldnt help myself hun :) )

4. margaretmc

margaretmc Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    XENICAL LOW FAT
    Hi
    Go into EBAY the is all different ones for babies age , weight . Rear facing ones are good for new born to three months because you can keep an eye on them in the front seat . My daughter got a second hand one for the baby because they only be in it for 3 months .
    Good luck and take care .
    Margaret xx

5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I wouldnt advise buying a 2nd hand one from a safety point of view. You dont know the history, if its been involved in an accident or anything. Its not worth taking a chance with something so precious.

And if its one to have permanently in the car, make sure its compatible with your car, oddly not all seats fit all cars lol

6. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Any special makes to consider and what are the bases like.

Yes Tazzi it is for the baby cat.

Irene xx

7. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    No I want to buy a new one but looking at the various shops it sounds so complicated.

Irene xx

8. Mich

Mich Taking Back Control...!!!

I wouldn't recommend second hand either.... nor second hand cot/basket matteresses either....

If you go to a large Mothercare or Toys R Us they will be able to advise and recommend a good one.... Graco is a good make.... I notice alot of the prams these days have the car seat as an actual attachment which is good cos if means if bubba falls asleep in the car seat you haven't got to fish them out (risking waking them up) to put them in a pram...

Exciting times Irene... I loved the preparation for when we were having our babies ... who are now 13, 8 & 6!!!!

xxx

Kitteh likes this.
  9. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    It looks it, but if you go to a nice local retailer they'll talk you through them :) When my mum and dad bought seats for their car, the staff actually took seats out to their car, checked it fitted, showed how it worked and everything, nothing was too much bother.

Kitteh likes this.
  10. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    I have got one that Hannah only used when we travelled to Scotland.......cost £65 from argos.....britax rock a tot si......cant find instructions but is easy to fit if your interested......!!!!

Been trying to sell it but people are wary (rightfully) in case its been involved in accident. Been asking £30-40 for it.

11. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    Kitteh likes this.
  12. JustForMe

JustForMe Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.37%)
    go to halfords...it tells you age ranges on their website and theyll fit certain ones into the car to see what is best suited for you

Kitteh likes this.
  13. margaretmc

margaretmc Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    XENICAL LOW FAT
    Sorry but I should of said she bought it from her friend and it was like new .
    MARGARET XX

Kitteh likes this.
  14. Purplepixie

Purplepixie Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(27.87%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Go to mothercare the assistants will fit the seats for yu and give you advice.

I have an 8 month old and she is in a Bebe confort creatis it does 3-13kg and is a rear facing 'bucket' type seat. A newborn needs to be rear facing until it is at least 9kg which is around 9-12 months. My baby is only 7.3kg at 8 months so obviously has a bit to go.

Our creatis seat can also be snapped onto our pushchair frame which is handy for a quick nip into the shops and stuff

15. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Next question
    car is the old style micra - any one got one and which car seat fits?

Irene x

16. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    If you have your eye on a particular seat you can check online if its compatible with your car. Id definitely go somewhere like Halfords where theres a good range and they can try them in your car.

17. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Catherine went to halfords tonight but didn't find them very helpful. And the assistant in Mamas and Papas said some car seats are too big for a micra

We are going to try our local Halfords tomorrow to see if they are more helpful

Irene xx

Kitteh likes this.
  18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Youd think if the folk at M&Ps said some are too big they might have been a tiny bit helpful and said what ones werent :rolleyes: They must know most people havent a clue about what theyre looking for.

20. Kitteh

Kitteh Resident geek

Diet:
    sw
    I interupted her convo.. so im guessing she was more bothered about getting back to it.. than explaining to me in full.. lol..
    basically.. no isofix in my car.. and the carseat with the surefix would be too big.. cos she had a micra.. and couldnt buy one.. cos it was way too big.. and a few people since then have said mamas and papas primmo whatever are big big carseats and dont fit in little cars.. lol.. too complicated for me
    x x

21. Purplepixie

Purplepixie Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(27.87%)
    Diet:
    CD
    there is a fit finder on the britax website. I will try find you the link.

Kitteh - theprima peggerio or whatever is daft nameisis a huge car seat. Do you want a bucket type seat that you take out andinto the house of a seat permenantly in the car so you carry baby out in your arms.

Kitteh likes this.
  22. Kitteh

Kitteh Resident geek

Diet:
    sw
    To be honest.. i wouldnt wanna leave a car seat in my car anyways.. not where i live.. lol.. it isnt the best of areas.. im not bothered about it having a base.. dont know if i base would fit all that well..
    thanks so much all you guys for your help
    x x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.