Carb blockers on a night out?

BOBTHEBLOB

I've been following SW for about 5 weeks now and have lost nearly 11/2 stone. I have had no beer or bread in that time.

I'm going out tonight so have been saving my syns so i can have a couple of pints of real ale, BUT am wondering about carb blockers.

I have bought some from Tesco, i don't intend to use them reguarly (not a big beliver in pills) but thought they would allow me to enjoy a couple of beeers (literally 2) without the carb effect.

i have read the menu on line so know already i will be having half a roast chicken and a side salad.

what do people think?

"carb blockers"? "carb effect"? Not sure what any of this means.

But SW is not a carbohydrate-free plan, anyway. And you could use your syns for the beer.

"carb blockers"? "carb effect"? Not sure what any of this means.

But SW is not a carbohydrate-free plan, anyway. And you could use your syns for the beer.

I have been saving syns, but knew i would be having beer. i didn't want to undo my good work so i took a couple of carb blockers before I ate. i had spit roast chicken, nicked a few chips and a couple of spoons of houmous :eek:

i had 5 pints (my syns wouldn't have covered that!) so right or wrong i decided to try the carb blockers.

i guess i will find out on Tuesday if it helped...

Losing weight isn't about putting your life on hold until you reach your target. There are going to be times when you want a few beers or a family meal comes up or special occasion etc. You're not undoing your good work, as long as you can get back on it the next day and carry on as you have been I really wouldn't worry. Few people make it from a-b without a few treats along the way! Don't feel too guilty! :)

LuhLuhLoser said:
Losing weight isn't about putting your life on hold until you reach your target. There are going to be times when you want a few beers or a family meal comes up or special occasion etc. You're not undoing your good work, as long as you can get back on it the next day and carry on as you have been I really wouldn't worry. Few people make it from a-b without a few treats along the way! Don't feel too guilty! :)

Well said! It would be a miserable existence without being naughty every now and again ; )

Back