Carb free meals

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Icmelergirl, 15 February 2014.

1. Icmelergirl

Icmelergirl Member

Hi all

it would seem carbs are slowing my weight loss so trying to have carbs about 2/3 times a week but I really struggle to make meals on a non carb day, any ideas please.

i usually do stir frys on non carb days but no idea what else I can do lol

2. Jo_kate

Jo_kate Well-Known Member

I'm interested in this kind of thing as well. All I can think of is a salad or stir fry but they aren't my favourite things
  3. rosiejayne

rosiejayne New Member

Hi, have you tried a chicken and roasted veg tray bake? Curry served on bean sprouts, sweet potato fries? Salad.

Hope they give you slight inspiration x
  4. kerryb83

kerryb83 Active Member

We often do bean chilli. Recipe is by agirlcalledjack
  5. Princess_Stevie

Princess_Stevie Well-Known Member

So I guess by "non-carb days" you mean Red days?

Whenever I have Red days I tend to make things like carrot "chips", which are tasty and easy to make. I just buy a bag of pre-cut carrot batons and pop them on a baking tray with frylight, garlic and chilli. Then just roast in the oven for about 30-40 minutes, turning half way.

For things like roast dinners, you can make a substitute for mashed potato by mashing together carrots and swede.