Carb question - Packs

LovelyLisa2012

Hi, Wonder if anyone knows the answer to this as I have read conflicting advice online. I know the diet works as I've seen the results on here but just interested to know how many carbs per day the average person needs to knock them out of ketosis.

Each shake contains just over 18g of carbs so thats just under 60g a day? Is this ideal or at the higher side?

Thanks

L x

It differs from person to person, I used to do Atkins and some days id have 20g carbs and other days Id have as much as 80/90 and still be in ketosis!

Weight is lost on a VLCD because of the calorie deficit - pure and simple.

Mild ketosis occurs because of this calorie deficit, as the body starts to burn stored fats for fuel. Reduced hunger can be a result of ketosis for some - but not all - people.

Exante TS provides just over 600 calories, and about 60g of carbohydrate. In addition it provides minerals, protein and vitamins that are needed to stay healthy.

Try not to get hung up on ketosis - it is simply a physiological effect of a VLCD, and not really the aim. The aim is the calorie deficit.

To answer your question though - in general terms a diet containing more than 100-120 grams of carbohydrate a day will not result in ketosis for most people.

Exante works if you follow the rules - it is working for me! :D

Good luck on your journey :)

Weight is lost on a VLCD because of the calorie deficit - pure and simple.

Mild ketosis occurs because of this calorie deficit, as the body starts to burn stored fats for fuel. Reduced hunger can be a result of ketosis for some - but not all - people.

Exante TS provides just over 600 calories, and about 60g of carbohydrate. In addition it provides minerals, protein and vitamins that are needed to stay healthy.

Try not to get hung up on ketosis - it is simply a physiological effect of a VLCD, and not really the aim. The aim is the calorie deficit.

To answer your question though - in general terms a diet containing more than 100-120 grams of carbohydrate a day will not result in ketosis for most people.

Exante works if you follow the rules - it is working for me! :D

Good luck on your journey :)

Thanks Darcy, This really helps as last time i think it's why I failed. I never ever reached Ketosis on Exante (well during 10 days) and i thought therefore what was the point? Glad to read that it doesnt really matter. I must say though I didn't feel too hungry as the days went on but that was due to water lol xx

Thanks Darcy, This really helps as last time i think it's why I failed. I never ever reached Ketosis on Exante (well during 10 days) and i thought therefore what was the point? Glad to read that it doesnt really matter. I must say though I didn't feel too hungry as the days went on but that was due to water lol xx

Hi

How do you know you never 'reached ketosis'?

Were you using Ketostix? Notoriously unreliable I would have to say :)

It is physiologically impossible for a person not to be in some degree of mild ketosis if only consuming 600 calories a day.

Throw the stix out if you have them!

Follow the plan, drink plenty, and it will work :D

Yes i was using ketostix lol x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back