Carbs and alcohol

Cherry-Blossom

I CAN do this
Another alcohol thread I know.

Basically tomorrow I'm going to see one of my friends who has been really down, she was in a car crash recently, had to leave her uni course and her OH is going to Afghan soon.

Anyway we're meant to be going out tomorrow night as a bit of a 'stuff you world' and I was wondering if I had a carby meal beforehand would I be able to have a drink? I know I'll probably end up out of ketosis but I have a few days off after to go back through ketosis hell.

Alcohol wise, vodka, gin and whiskey/bourbon are carb free. So if you have either with diet soda then theres no reason to get kicked out of ketosis.

However, can I just say, that your body choses to process alcohol quicker than protein and you may end up very drunk very quick! Never tried alcohol on vlcd, but I know when I did atkins, alcohol hit me much quicker. Not sure about the effects of low carb and low cal.

Carby meal would help before hand tho, but it will kick you out of ketosis.

There, my 2 cents worth! lol! :D

I did that at my work Xmas meal Cherry. Had a banana and porridge for breakfast, then more carbs and wine at the lunch, and more alcohol in the evening. Despite coming out of ketosis I still got very drunk (although to be honest I did probably have 2 bottles or so of wine all told!). I'm pretty sure it affected me more than pre diet but then I was also out of practice plus I should think that the additional weight I carried pre diet helped to soak it up more too.

Thanks everyone. God the idea of eating actual food (that isn't quorn burgers) is terrifying!!

Just have a good restarting plan - we don't want to see you go missing in action :)

I'm staying at my friends so I'll be right back on the packs Sunday morning. I'll tell her not to feed me.

Had an amazing day yesterday even if I could barely eat. Right back on it today though.

Good news Cherry. Glad you enjoyed your day off and well done on getting straight back on track. Having a bit of normality is good if you're in this for the long term. You just need to make sure you have a good plan around it which is what you have done and it worked.

Back