• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Carbs and Alcohol

nessie

Loooooves MiniMins
S: 14st2lb C: 13st6.5lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 30.4 Loss: 0st9.5lb(4.8%)
I *think* that clear drinks like vodka are better, mix with diet drinks. Don't quote me but thats what i think it is anyway lol stay away from alcopops! full of sugar!

Gemma

Gold Member
S: 15st0lb C: 15st0lb G: 11st4lb BMI: 31 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I am a nightmare for not staying away from the drink and i always have vodka with coke zero, has not affected my losses as far as i am concerend. however do not drink if your SS there is a sticky at the top about the dangers of alcohol whilst in ketosis. really need to take that advice myself. lol

nessie

Loooooves MiniMins
S: 14st2lb C: 13st6.5lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 30.4 Loss: 0st9.5lb(4.8%)
lol you could! whatever you have be careful not to over do it as your body will think it's been hit by a bus! for some ppl just cheating with a bit of carbs makes them tired etc, take it easy and stick to the clear, diet drinks and you'll be fine hun. Then back on track! lol Sure you'll have a fab time :D

I am a nightmare for not staying away from the drink and i always have vodka with coke zero, has not affected my losses as far as i am concerend. however do not drink if your SS there is a sticky at the top about the dangers of alcohol whilst in ketosis. really need to take that advice myself. lol

GDollery

You sound like a girl after my own heart - thanks chic

Nessie - thanks for the head up

And i promise not to drink too much:rolleyes::D

lol you could! whatever you have be careful not to over do it as your body will think it's been hit by a bus! for some ppl just cheating with a bit of carbs makes them tired etc, take it easy and stick to the clear, diet drinks and you'll be fine hun. Then back on track! lol Sure you'll have a fab time :D

Nessie

Thanks for this :D

Thanks for that - Im not planning on drinking while on SS however i just wondered while im on add a meal or 790 what alcohol is the best to indulge in?

I turn 30 next week and am planning on havinga few drinks - ss at moment and was thinking of adding a meal next week and having extra chicken and veg the day i was going to have a few vodkas and diet cokes - does anyone thing i would be ok doing this?

S: 14st12lb C: 14st10lb G: 10st13lb BMI: 34.3 Loss: 0st2lb(0.96%)
obviously any CDC has got to quote the 'gospel' as it would be unproffessional not to, i drank vodka and coke zero while on ss last weekend. I only had a couple got drunk very very quick and was sick after (and i am a hardened vodka drinker!!) so i can vouch that its not a good idea. it was enjoyable AT THE TIME but the enjoyment didnt last long and my husband had to virtually tie me up to stop me ordering a chinese takeaway - alcohol and willpower do not go hand in hand to me!!

obviously any CDC has got to quote the 'gospel' as it would be unproffessional not to, i drank vodka and coke zero while on ss last weekend. I only had a couple got drunk very very quick and was sick after (and i am a hardened vodka drinker!!) so i can vouch that its not a good idea. it was enjoyable AT THE TIME but the enjoyment didnt last long and my husband had to virtually tie me up to stop me ordering a chinese takeaway - alcohol and willpower do not go hand in hand to me!!

But did you gain any for drinking?

S: 14st12lb C: 14st10lb G: 10st13lb BMI: 34.3 Loss: 0st2lb(0.96%)
No offence meant i was merely pointing out that a CDC would have to tell you what could be the consequences of drinking while on a VLCD/in ketosis it would be unproffessional not to. However that from experience (only last saturday) I can vouch that IT CAN AND DOES MAKE YOU ILL and is not a very good idea. yes i have read the sticky but only on sunday morning after waking up and feeling like i'd been hit by a bus.

P.s just for info I stayed in ketosis and lost 3lb

i am contemplating taking a chance by doing the add a meal week next week plus extra veg and chicken on the night i have a few vodkas - one of my friends knows i am on this and will keep a close eye on me in case i get drunk too quicky - but plan on having a sparking water for every second drink.

i am now on week 5 got weigh in tommorrow and have lost 21 pounda already and have not cheated once.