Carbs and Alcohol

TIFFERS

There is no way im abstaining from alcohol of the xmas new yr period

Whats the best / less naughty choice?

I *think* that clear drinks like vodka are better, mix with diet drinks. Don't quote me but thats what i think it is anyway lol stay away from alcopops! full of sugar!

I could be extra good and only have coke zero :) or Gin and soda water

I am a nightmare for not staying away from the drink and i always have vodka with coke zero, has not affected my losses as far as i am concerend. however do not drink if your SS there is a sticky at the top about the dangers of alcohol whilst in ketosis. really need to take that advice myself. lol

lol you could! whatever you have be careful not to over do it as your body will think it's been hit by a bus! for some ppl just cheating with a bit of carbs makes them tired etc, take it easy and stick to the clear, diet drinks and you'll be fine hun. Then back on track! lol Sure you'll have a fab time :D

Do have a read of the CDC's post on alcohol when on CD - it is in the stickies at the top of the Forum

I am a nightmare for not staying away from the drink and i always have vodka with coke zero, has not affected my losses as far as i am concerend. however do not drink if your SS there is a sticky at the top about the dangers of alcohol whilst in ketosis. really need to take that advice myself. lol

GDollery

You sound like a girl after my own heart - thanks chic

Nessie - thanks for the head up

And i promise not to drink too much:rolleyes::D

lol you could! whatever you have be careful not to over do it as your body will think it's been hit by a bus! for some ppl just cheating with a bit of carbs makes them tired etc, take it easy and stick to the clear, diet drinks and you'll be fine hun. Then back on track! lol Sure you'll have a fab time :D

Nessie

Thanks for this :D

Thanks for that - Im not planning on drinking while on SS however i just wondered while im on add a meal or 790 what alcohol is the best to indulge in?

I turn 30 next week and am planning on havinga few drinks - ss at moment and was thinking of adding a meal next week and having extra chicken and veg the day i was going to have a few vodkas and diet cokes - does anyone thing i would be ok doing this?

obviously any CDC has got to quote the 'gospel' as it would be unproffessional not to, i drank vodka and coke zero while on ss last weekend. I only had a couple got drunk very very quick and was sick after (and i am a hardened vodka drinker!!) so i can vouch that its not a good idea. it was enjoyable AT THE TIME but the enjoyment didnt last long and my husband had to virtually tie me up to stop me ordering a chinese takeaway - alcohol and willpower do not go hand in hand to me!!

obviously any CDC has got to quote the 'gospel' as it would be unproffessional not to, i drank vodka and coke zero while on ss last weekend. I only had a couple got drunk very very quick and was sick after (and i am a hardened vodka drinker!!) so i can vouch that its not a good idea. it was enjoyable AT THE TIME but the enjoyment didnt last long and my husband had to virtually tie me up to stop me ordering a chinese takeaway - alcohol and willpower do not go hand in hand to me!!

But did you gain any for drinking?

No offence meant i was merely pointing out that a CDC would have to tell you what could be the consequences of drinking while on a VLCD/in ketosis it would be unproffessional not to. However that from experience (only last saturday) I can vouch that IT CAN AND DOES MAKE YOU ILL and is not a very good idea. yes i have read the sticky but only on sunday morning after waking up and feeling like i'd been hit by a bus.

P.s just for info I stayed in ketosis and lost 3lb

i am contemplating taking a chance by doing the add a meal week next week plus extra veg and chicken on the night i have a few vodkas - one of my friends knows i am on this and will keep a close eye on me in case i get drunk too quicky - but plan on having a sparking water for every second drink.

i am now on week 5 got weigh in tommorrow and have lost 21 pounda already and have not cheated once.

Back