carbs

rani

Silver Member
Hi all, was just wondering if anyone else trys to control their carbs alongside their calories? am calorie counting and was sts some weeks so am thinking i should since i eat alot of junk food which is high carbs and hardly any fruits or veg.. if anyone does how low on carbs do they go? many thanks hope youz are all nice and cosy , its bloody freezing outside here in bonnie scotland.lol xx

Hi Rani

It's bloody freezing here in the midlands too lol
I control my carbs .... I eat about 100g a day ... My fitness planner is good coz it counts everything so you can keep your eye on it.!!
You have to change and choose your foods lightly and your portions .,!!! No huge plates of pasta ..!! About 130-150g of cooked wholewheat pasta is enough .. Doesn't look a lot hug then you bulk if out with veg .,!!
Look at the carb content if bread .. A regular wholemeal slice us about 21g whereas burgen bread is 12g and the co-op's truly irresistible wholemeal seeded loaf is 15g ..!!
Choose good carbs .. Wholemeal and wholewheat ..!!
Good luck x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I aim for about 100g too, but at present seem to be struggling to keep under 150g. Before I started looking at it all, I didnt really know what a "carb" was, and when I looked into it, I was nearly 300g a day, on a "Healthy" day, with lots of pastas, potatoes and breads. Now I'm looking at it a bit better, I feel happier. Just need to get control of the choccie monster and we're well in the 100g limit I set myself ;)

Thanks ladies.will try to control my carbs..do any of you suffer any side effects of low carbing like constipation etc.i drink nearly 2 litres a day if plain water but get constipated on cc...if i eat fruits they are so high carbs...xx

Thanks ladies.will try to control my carbs..do any of you suffer any side effects of low carbing like constipation etc.i drink nearly 2 litres a day if plain water but get constipated on cc...if i eat fruits they are so high carbs...xx

They are good carbs though :)
I do get a bit constipated from time to time ... but it's only for a day it two.! But generally on the whole I'm ok x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i dont keep an eye on grams or anything like that if i have bread or bready thing like bagels i dont have it at lunch... dunno just a weird thing i do!

Back