Dukanista's Diary: Part III!

made it to body pump at lunch today and was introduced to the killer jumping squats. you were right, Joodle, jelly-leg inducing. first time i've ever panted during a pump class :).

made my mackerel pate before work, froze half and fridged the rest. cycled in again - luckily still no sign of rain - so it was a good day's exercise. took a smoked mackerel fillet in for lunch, and ate it on the patio at the gym as it was quite strong-smelling (which is worse, Joodle: mysterious mackerel munching or secret sardine snaffling?).

thought i'd treat myself and cycled over for a pedicure after work, but i ended up home pretty late and now i'm pooped. some quick leftover chicken for dinner (delicious cold with some mustard, salt-reduced lite soy, cottage cheese and herbs) and a yoghurt shake: ready for my veg tomorrow!

nite nite dukanettes Cx

made it to body pump at lunch today and was introduced to the killer jumping squats. you were right, Joodle, jelly-leg inducing. first time i've ever panted during a pump class :).

made my mackerel pate before work, froze half and fridged the rest. cycled in again - luckily still no sign of rain - so it was a good day's exercise. took a smoked mackerel fillet in for lunch, and ate it on the patio at the gym as it was quite strong-smelling (which is worse, Joodle: mysterious mackerel munching or secret sardine snaffling?).

thought i'd treat myself and cycled over for a pedicure after work, but i ended up home pretty late and now i'm pooped. some quick leftover chicken for dinner (delicious cold with some mustard, salt-reduced lite soy, cottage cheese and herbs) and a yoghurt shake: ready for my veg tomorrow!

nite nite dukanettes Cx

Night Caro :)

Yay Caro! Am absolutely delighted you got a decent loss, despite being due on. How ridiculously easy is it to get wound up over this whole scales thing though?! It does bother me a bit that my entire mood is often dictated by a number I see first thing in the morning, but for now, it's the way it has to be.

Somehow I'm glad to hear it's not just me in pain over Bodypump! Those squats are evil but gooood! I don't think I can make class this week. The cuts on my hands are healing nicely but they're really sore and bending the fingers is particularly painful. Maybe towards the end of the week I'll be ok but for now, I've just upped the walking.

Love the image of you munching mackerel on the patio. Sometimes with this diet I feel I have some kind of mental reverse anorexia!

Hope the rest of the week continues this well for you. Update your stats and ticker!!

Jx

thanks Joodle! i don't think i can update stats yet as i'm on 55.9 (well, today actually 55.6 after 2 more days loss...), and it gets rounded up to 56 anyway. but sooooooooooon! i can feel that finish line approaching!

ok, off to body pump number 2 for the week, and giving the psycho zumba class another go. but no cycling home this time (that was a bit mad last week :) )

PP day and i'm very proud of myself for making savory muffins for a change, and having them with some cheese and ham as a pre-gym energy boost. with my sweet tooth i have been loving them for breakfast, but they really are handy to take along for during the day. and it was like a real sandwich!

Cx

Jealous of Bodypump! My Wednesday morning class is the best of the week! Reckon my hand will be healed enough to start it again this weekend.

Surprised it doesn't let you update smaller fractions, mine let's me put in 0.2 of a pound increments. Not that it really matters but well, it's so pleasing to see!

Jx

Posting in between Zumba and pump. Well, J, it looks like you've been putting your hands to good use this week, so I wouldn't be too jealous ;-)

I am feeling so good this week, loving life and dukan and my new dukanette buddies. I now have to be careful what I wear to work as a few pairs of trousers aren't staying up. And I saw myself from behind in the gym mirror and almost didn't recognize me. Only 2 weeks back at the gym but muscles show up more easily when they aren't hidden under flab. I am so proud of us all, ladies xxxx

Dukanista said:
Posting in between Zumba and pump. Well, J, it looks like you've been putting your hands to good use this week, so I wouldn't be too jealous ;-)

I do hope you're not being smutty Caro!

Great to hear you're happy with life! Me too! Jx

Moi?? :angeldevil:

Last edited:
Haha and yay for your decimal point of accuracy!! Don't that feel good??

yes, it does :) up 0.1 this morning to 55.7, but still consistently under 56 this week so that hurdle seems to have been crossed for good :fingerscrossed:. got my eye on the 55 mark now!

i am a little superstitious about the stats, though. like the surest way to make it rain is to say 'oh what a lovely day we're having!'. especially with the dukan yoyos, i don't want to update things until the weight seems stable.

i haven't been updating menus for a while: too busy really, and it seems like a waste when it's the same things i've been eating all along... but i'll try and get back on track. my highlight of the week was an improvised pumpkin pudding (heaven!!). the smoked mackerel pate' also turned out really well, although i ended up having it as a salad as i haven't made any dukan bread yet. it was nice and chunky and delicious with rucola leaves and some bell peppers. and on sunday evening i had a real feast with baked green peppers stuffed with mushroom, chives and onion with some lite cheese on top, AND roast chicken (breast). OH was quite surprised how i was putting it away!

right, working at home today will NOT be an excuse to sit and chat on the forum, so off i go. Ssssshhhhh!

Cx

urgh, ok, i finally added those before & after pics... felt a bit odd posing in the living room in my bikini, but what the heck! there aren't that many before pics, to be honest: OH knows I hate bikini pics, but he sneaks a few on holiday, which in the end is probably a good thing. so here goes:

http://www.minimins.com/88982-dukanista-albums-before-after-pics.html

i don't know if the privacy settings are correct, but let me know if you can see them: they should be visible by minimins members, but hopefully not the whole world :eek:

not sure if i can see a huge difference yet: most of the shrinkage seems to be stomach flab and butt, but my thighs look the same to me. come on gym and tw!

Last edited:
Morning Caro

Can't see your photos, maybe because I'm on my phone. Will check from a computer later.

Good on ya for posting them, love seeing everyone's photos :D

P x

could be - i couldn't see Collette's album on phone but fine on PC. I'll wait and see - would prefer not to make them public :)

Can't see on phone either, will come back later from laptop. Feel like such a perv!

Know what you mean about updating stats prematurely. I only actually update mine after weekly weigh in, even though I've almost always been lower than that at some point in the run up. Good for you hurtling towards the 55 mark! Jx

Well done Caro, the pics look good ;)

You can see the difference, not long to go now :)

Thank you TM and P! You've both made my day.

Cxxx

Can't see on phone either, will come back later from laptop. Feel like such a perv!

Know what you mean about updating stats prematurely. I only actually update mine after weekly weigh in, even though I've almost always been lower than that at some point in the run up. Good for you hurtling towards the 55 mark! Jx

Well, 1 hurdle does not a hurtle make... At my pace it might be 2 or 3 weeks before i'm happily on 55! But i'm still convinced it's those extra body pump muscles sprouting :)

Back