Step2 810kcal Carrie's step 2 68kg

Carrie39

So...I started on Monday on step 2. I did CWP about 4 years ago and lost 18kg, but never quite reached my goal s never got to do maintenance. Kept it off for 18 months but then a stressful year led to it creeping back on. At the point where no clothes longer fit I decided to head back to CWP but this time determined to get to goal and complete maintenance.

SO far so good. Straight forward first 2 days then was expecting a headache yesterday but just felt tired. THen BAM today was feeling heady as hell but drank a sheet load of water and managed to get through it. I did dream of having a burger today (not even that keen on burgers in the real world!) but decided eating burgers ain't going to get me to 68kg!

THey seem to have a couple of new products I hadn't tried before. Firstly the curry rice, which was kind of okay - although always found the rice portions ultra small compared to a nice frothy shake blended with ice! Also new to the party is the smoothie - will try that later this week.

Would love to get some support and chat to others doing the plan.

Cheers :)

More weird achy headaches today...but was gone by evening, thank God! I felt insanely thirsty today...kept drinking lots of sparkling water but couldn't get enough. The family ordered pizza for dinner and I had my spag bol. which exploded in the microwave :/ I was more concerned about the lost calories stuck to the sides of the microwave ;) Have a great consultant who has been SMSing and checking in and sending me motivating messages :) Have a quiet weekend so fingers crossed I can stay busy and not focus on food.

I'm hosting an afternoon tea next weekend for a friend, so panicking a tad about that but hopefully will all go well. Hope everyone has had a good week :)

So I got weighed in this morning after week 1 and I have lost 2.8kgs (6lbs). Very happy with that...and then I spilt my morning shake all over the breakfast table :S Anyway that loss has motivated me to stick to it although my breath is fowl...I keep brushing my teeth but doesn't seem to help! I'm also cold which makes me think I must be in ketosis.

Weighed in this morning and lost 1.4kgs, which I'm happy with. Have been 100% all week only thing was this weekend I was hosting a big afternoon tea for a friend! So spend all day Saturday baking - I had to taste a tiny bit of a couple of things just to make sure they tasted okay - so hopefully won't have any impact. I also didn't eat or drink anything at the afternoon tea aside from water! can't believe no one noticed! I was too busy pouring Pimm's jugs for other people. Away next weekend for a concert so planning to take the ready to drink packs and a couple of bars to get me through. It's boiling hot here in Australia at the moment so feel so thirsty it's crazy!

I have been going well this week but am currently away for the weekend at a concert. I've packed all my products and lots of water so all prepared. Went to a place for lunch today and had planned to get some steak and salad but when we got there it wasn't on the menu :/. Thankfully they had salads and I got a Greek salad with grilled chicken and no olives or feta. Hard not being able to weigh things so to know how much you've had but I couldn't eat it all anyway... so should be good. I've got a ready to drink which I'm taking with me to the concert and lots of water.

I have been craving burgers and I generally am not even that keen! My husband ordered one at lunch time and I sat and watched him eat it and was slightly envious BUT I just said to myself "you can have it, just not now" (a mantra from my consultant!). Here's hoping for a good weight in on Monday.

I'm finding it hard when people are inviting me to things such as dinners. I just want to avoid at the moment but people don't take no for an answer. A good friends response was "just break it for one day so you can come" but it's not worth going through the pain of going into ketosis again! How do others deal with it?

Hi Carrie39,

Was good reading your thread, I'm considering starting the diet on step 2 as I currently see a personal trainer 3 times a week so didn't think Sole source would be suitable.

Your weight losses are brilliant, I was concerned by doing step 2 it may be small, slow loses but that's not the case for you!

Look forward to hearing more how you get on.

Hi Carrie39,
Thank you for posting, your posts gave me hope, I'm just after completing week 1 & have my weigh in tomorrow morning. I kept to ss completely - struggled at times, but so glad to have got this far!

Hey Fatloss - I think i had same concerns as you re slow weight loss BUT it's been fine. It's 800 cals which is still a low calorie diet. I'm consistently losing weight and some decent numbers. Weighed in this morning and back in the 80's - woo hoo! Step 2 is good as even only having a small meal makes a difference psychologically and helps to have sit down with the family for me. I've avoided doing social things as it's difficult doing CWP and dining out on step 2. I have a friend who is still pestering me to come out for her birthday next week and I've stuck with a big firm NO. This is just for a period of time whilst I get the weight off as I know if I don't do it 100% it will take way longer and be more demotovating the longer it takes. I can have a gin and tonic and Mexican but just not now :p

LilyRose - good luck with the weigh in and let me know how you get on. If you can get through the first week 100% you'll be fine :)

Brilliant, I look forward to your updates, not much else seems to be going on on here these days.

Foofighter/LillyRose best of luck to you both too, hopefully I'll have a response from the lady I emailed soon then I can let you's know if I'll be able to join the journey!

I was told no exercise on step 2 as still calories are too low. I think I would struggle to do much more than walking with current intake as feel pretty tired. When I'm exercising (which i haven't for the past year!) I love spin and I think i would literally pass out doing it now. I figured if I lose some decent weight exercising will be a lot easier when lighter, especially running - can't wait!

Fatloss - hope you hear back from your lady soon. It's hard once you've decided you want to start, you just want to crack on with it ;)

Foo fighter - day 3/4 are the worst! Hang in there, once you get through it you'll be fine. A boiled egg or some grilled chicken won't wreck your week as it's the equivalent of doing step 2 really. Let us know how you go when you weigh in :)

Hi Carrie39, in the same boat as you. Did ss 4 years ago ready for my wedding, lost 3st 1lb but what with everything going on, I didn't get through the steps and maintain. I put it all back on after having my third child last year. So have started again but on step 2, I need to eat so ss won't work for me anymore. Lost 5lb last week. Was both thrilled and disappointed, any loss is obviously good but on ss the first time round I lost 9lb in the first week. Just hoping for another good loss this week like yours for motivation.

Hey Lucy... oh you are so in the same boat as me. Don't be disappointed with any losses - it's all heading in the right direction :) I think in some ways is he's coming back and doing it as you know the journey can be hard BUT can also be good as you know what it feels like on the other side and so much quicker than anything else. I just want to get back in those jeans again and get to go and do the maintaining. I keep craving burgers for some reason but I am not wavering an inch I want to be healthy more than I want 10 mins of burger in my mouth ;) not seeing consultant this week as way too busy so sending her weight tomorrow, she is making me take a picture and send her so I don't slack off - she's such a great consultant :) I weigh myself naked on a Monday morning and get weighed with her on a Thursday.

Yeah I think it's so important to work your way up the steps to maintain don't you. Good for you on not giving in to that burger!! Mine is pizza, bread is a nightmare for me, I love it so much. But we can be strong. I need to give myself a break and realise that yes, any loss is a positive and going in the right direction, need to stop comparing to the first time round on ss.

The funny thing is I normally wouldn't be that bothered about burgers either! More of a chocolate girl, but haven't even thought about chocolate since starting - there must be some magic in those shakes ;)

And yes I agree losing weight most people can do, it's the maintaining that is the hard bit. Research shows most people gain back what they have lost in 18 months, if not more - so if you can get past the 18 month mark you're doing well.

I would never turn down chocolate either, it was my brothers birthday last week and also found it hard to keep passing the cake but managed that too. It's nice that they do chocolate shakes and bars etc, kinda feels like I'm being naughty. Weigh in for me in the morning, please please be a good loss!!

Strangely I don't like chocolate shakes!... just a chunk of pure chocolate. And I bloody love small Easter eggs so not a great time of year coming up for me - I just need to avoid the chocolate section at Coles ;) good luck with you weigh-in - hoping the Cambridge Gods are on your side :)

Umm..... Easter eggs, yep, gonna struggle too!! Well, another 2lb off so a total of half a stone. Can't be bad!! How are you doing?

Hey Foofighter, have you got as much to lose as you did last time on lighter life? Think I would be disappointed with that as well. I lost 9lb the first week when I did ss. But my consultant just said that losing weight slower and consistently then you are more likely to keep it off, and 6lb is better than you were at last week. Keep at it, don't let it dishearten you.

Foofighter - LOL. NO pizza...not now anyway ;) Let us know how the weight in goes <fingers crossed for good numbers.

Lucy - yeah on 2lbs - it all adds up! Keep up the good work.

Quiet weekend here...prefer to be kept busy as don't even think about it. Made the family a lovely creamy/cheesy bacon pasta bake this evening and I sat and had my spag bol with them - seemed a bit crazy as it was a big dish - oh well lots of leftovers for them tomorrow ;)

So my big motivator at the moment is... my consultant gave me a piece of Cambridge ribbon that was the circumference of my waist at the first session. I carry it in my hand bag and now and again I'll put it around my waist and see how it's gone down. After 4 weeks it had a significant amount (a few cms)...which is awesome too see as I know the scales are not always that helpful.

Back