Carrot Cake

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by ilovedogs, 26 February 2010 Social URL.

1. ilovedogs

ilovedogs Full Member

I am desparatly looking for Rick Gallops carrot cake recipe, I bought his living the GI diet but it is not in there I have also searchged the web and can't find it. All I find is reveiws on how good and fillling it is. Can someone pleeeaaase help. :wave_cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. hchappyh

hchappyh Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Diet:
    GoLower
    Sorry ilovedogs, looked all over for you, and I can't find it either. Found a good recipe for bran muffins though!

Good luck with your search and with your weight loss.

xx

4. Just Peachy

Just Peachy Slowly But Surely

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(17.73%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting/Exercise
    Carrot cake?!?! WHERE?! Gimme!

Only joking. Well, half joking.

5. ilovedogs

ilovedogs Full Member

I was looking through this forum and came across a post by 'WESTHILLS' and she said that Rick Gallops carott cake is a really filling snack, but I can't seem to find it. I have looked in both the origional book and living the GI diet

6. hchappyh

hchappyh Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Diet:
    GoLower
    I've been looking everywhere for it now - It's become one of those things I'm obsessed with - and no, still not found it.

Just Peachy - I like the sound of this cake too, nearly as much as the white choco cheesecake!!! (sorry to mention again!)

Keep looking and keep loosing
    xx

7. Just Peachy

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(17.73%)
    Diet:
    Hahaha, happy, silly you.

Does it show we're on a diet? Drooling over imaginary cake...

8. hchappyh

hchappyh Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Diet:
    GoLower
    drooling and salivating....Peachy!

xx

9. Just Peachy

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(17.73%)
    Diet:
    Hey! What do you want from me :( I'm on withdrawal lol.

10. hchappyh

hchappyh Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Diet:
    GoLower
    me too, and oh has got day off from work and just come home from ASDA with cream cakes - now what is a girl to do - talk about not being helpful - maybe just a little, or perhaps not...

xx

11. Just Peachy

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(17.73%)
    Diet:
    Well, you try to not have it, otherwise you sneak a bite of your oh's...

12. hchappyh

hchappyh Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Diet:
    GoLower
    You'll be pleased to hear - had none of the cream cakes. Took one look at them and thought, actually I really really don't want you! Couldn't believe it - how things have changed. Must be my Go Lower diet - have NEVER been able to do that in the past! Things must be looking up.

How are you doing Peachy? You seem to be ok...

xx

13. Just Peachy

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(17.73%)
    Diet:
    Happy, that's amazingly well done! I know what you mean about never having been able to do that before. Went to the restaurant yesterday for my friend's birthday and I didn't have wine, a starter or even a dessert! I'm not too sure how I did it, but I did :D

I'm well thanks, how are you? Why wouldn't I be just peachy? :rolleyes:

14. hchappyh

hchappyh Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Diet:
    GoLower
    Peachy - I've never been able to go to a restaurant and not eat at least a starter if not dessert. Not much of a wine drinker, usually have water - love water with a meal coz I don't get full up on the liquid, leave that for the food!! I'm very impressed and proud of you well done.

I'm as Happy as happy can be.... Had few sleepless nights with the kids which doesn't help but other than that doing really well. I find this forum is a good release for any venting and weirdly takes my mind of dieting as so busy typing and reading, don't have time to think or eat!!! Go Lower is really working wonders for me though. So pleased with it. How are you finding calorie counting? I did that a while back and couldn't get into it as too much hard work...that's what I love about Go Lower, I don't need to think....

xx

15. Just Peachy

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(17.73%)
    Diet:
    Well thank you, I was really pleased with myself after that meal too. I even left some in my plate if you can believe that...

Ah, sleepless nights. I don't have kids but I know them all too well. It is great to have support, understanding and knowledge from people on here. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I couldn't do this without all of you fellow dieters, I'd be so lost lol. It keeps me focused too I find.

Calorie counting is a lot of work but I just don't believe in anything else, I've tried so many and I like sort of the 'scientific' aspect of it, as in creating a calorific deficit. I've made a chart of calories so it gets easier with time. The process of counting everything also makes me more conscious of what I eat and I've realised what things are bad which I thought were good!

Anyway, it's working well for now, hoping for a loss on Friday, I've been good so far. Really motivated cos in 4 pounds, I'll have reached my half goal and can treat myself to a nice dress/top in a smaller size. Not buying clothes is a really big deal to me, I buy little things often even if they're cheap and I haven't bought anything since Christmas. So really trying to stay focussed on these 4 last pounds especially before I go on holiday for 3 weeks. I wanna be in the 190's when I come back :D

Wooo, that was long, sorry bout that! :D

16. hchappyh

hchappyh Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Diet:
    GoLower
    Good luck to your last 4lbs Peachy. You are doing really well.

The calorie chart sounds like a good idea, but I guess, with everything else going on in my life, who has the time to do such things. I wish I was more like that...I guess that's what I really like about Go Lower, the food is there ready for me to eat - I don't have to think about it. I kow I still have to cook dinner kids and OH, but somehow, not thinking about what I need to eat makes everything so much simpler and easier. I just hope that when I come to maintain once I've finally lost all my excess baggage I'll be able to cook the right food for me. Still that's still ages away yet, and at the moment I'm not even hungry!

xx

17. Just Peachy

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(17.73%)
    Diet:
    Yeah no definitely, if it's working for you that's all that matters! I have time to do it, I mean, I don't work cos I have a bursary and I have 7 to 9 hours of lectures a week.. it's a bit of a joke really. So the time was really good to get started on this properly. I thought once I'd get some results, I'd be motivated to continue as life got more hectic, cos trust me, it will lol.

Thank you, I'm really motivated this week, wanna see those scales move!

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Just Peachy

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(17.73%)
    Diet:
    Haha, I thought of you guys today. My friend was having this beautiful carrot muffin and I snuck a bite. I was so pleased. I was like.. well, it's 'almost' like carrot cake :p

20. hchappyh

hchappyh Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Diet:
    GoLower
    hahaha. Was it good? Wish we could find this reciepe...never mind.

Just got home from a weigh-in....another 3lbs lost. In 7 weeks have lost 1st 10lbs. So pleased that Go Lower is working for me. Never realised how easy this could be. Don't really feel tempted any more, so that's even better!

xx

21. Just Peachy

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(17.73%)
    Diet:
    It was amazing. I appreciate things so much more now.

Shame about that recipe! :(

Well done happy! That's terrific news. I'm glad it's working and you're finding it easy, keep at it x

22. hchappyh

hchappyh Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Diet:
    GoLower
    Thanks Peachy. It's so nice to know that people on this forum are generally happy and pleased for others when they loose weight. So love Go Lower. I never realised how 'easy' dieting can be. Wish I knew about this years ago!

xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.