Cat food changes..

Scarybush

Heya guys just wondering if anyone can help.. My 2 cats are 1 year old I've only ever fed them on Royal Canin, recently I've run into some budget problems, I've made cuts to no avail, and the next cut I may have to make is my cats food.
I live in Rep of Ireland.. and the food over here is E30 a bag, that bag only lasts me 2 weeks if i'm lucky, cause one of them has a huge appitite... Just wondering if anyone can reccommend a good price food thats not gonna break my budget..
If I have to go hungry so they get the best of food I will..

Hi Scarybush... I have seven little angels, so I know about the budget issues, especially with being made redundant in December, they will always get fed first though.

Mine like wet food, so they have Felix As Good As It Looks, as it's the only one that they all agree on. Then they have biscuits that are available throughout the day. Again, trying to find a brand that they all like is difficult. The were on Brekkies Excel Rolls, but they've changed recipe lately, which hasn't agreed with one of them, so at the moment we are trying different ones. We found that Burgess do some quite good ones. Though we're trying to find biscuits that aren't offering the full meal replacement, as obviously they have wet food as well.

My brother uses Pets at Home brand of biscuits, and that's all they have, and he's very pleased with it.

This probably hasn't helped you at all.... Good luck, they can be picky little things when they want to be :)

Don't know is this will help

But my two cats are only fed on dried food and I feed them morrisons supermarket own brand as I think it's a pound for 1kg. I have a cat food feeder so I just fill it up every week and wait until they eat it. On average I end up spending about a £1 for a week/two weeks on the cat food depending how quickly they go through it and if any other cats have come in my house to eat in the night.

Hey there,

You could try mixing new/old together for a while and gradually decreasing the proportion of the more expensive food.
My cat is quite picky, he will eat the first pouch of a new type of food then refuse the rest! The only type he will consistently eat now is the Aldi pâté type, which is good for my purse ;)

I used to be of the opinion that once he's hungry enough he will eat whatever he's given, but as he has urinary tract problems and only really gets water from his food (doesn't seem to drink from a bowl at all any more) I kind of have to give in to him more!!

Hope you find a brand your kitties enjoy!
x

Hi

We switched our cats from James Wellbeloved to Go Cat. One of them turned there nose up at it but we used to put a bit of chicken with it and then slowly reduced the chicken and now they eat it no problems.

xx

Back