Caterina's food diary

Caterina

Simple Start (with my own modifications and occasional cheats in red)

Sunday 18 May

Breakfast: spinach and tomato sautée with poached eggs, 1 Ryvita

Lunch: mixed salad, 40 g soft goats cheese (sub for feta), apple, 6 nuts

Dinner out, but healthy vegetarian restaurant so will make wise choices.

no snacks as late breakfast and early dinners planned.

Edited at end of day:

Ended up with no lunch and a very early dinner of:
Gazpacho (ok), Masala Dosa with veg curry (ok), salad (ok) then went on to undo all the good work by eating: 2 scoops ice cream, 1/2 chocolate brownie and 1 small tub of wasabi nuts.

Ah well. Moving on...

Last edited:
Today plan:

B. Whole grain cereal with soya milk, tsp mixed seeds
S. Yogurt with fruit
L. The goats cheese salad I did not eat yesterday
D. Not decided yet, prob. some bean and veg stew but will update later on after shopping.

edited. Dinner was a medley of steamed asparagus, runner beans and broccoli over 1/2 packet of Sainsburys pea and mint ravioli, drizzle of olive oil and sprinkling of pecorino cheese. No idea of points value, prob. not in my Simple Start plan, but at 327 calories it was a lovely filling and healthy meal!

Last edited:
20 May

B. Scrambled egg with spinach, onion, tomato and spices (minimal oil as done on non stick pan), satsuma

L. Mixed salad with feta cheese and tbsp hummus, yogurt with fresh blueberries

D. Broccoli and vege sausages, broad beans, apple.

snack might be a few nuts, not sure yet how I feel between lunch and dinner

21 May - weigh in day, weight loss 1.6 Kg!

B. Whole grain cereal half banana blueberries and soya milk

L. Mixed salad with feta and beans (waitrose counter), low fat cherry yogurt

S. 1 apple

D. 2 vege sausages, sautée broccoli and onions, boiled new potatoes, splash ketchup. Bowl yogurt with a few nuts

22 May

Started well and ended up in a session of ryvitas, cashew butter and plum jam. All nice and healthy things but way too many. So, write-off day, moving on.

23 May

B. Whole grain cereal with blueberries and soya milk

L. Mixed salad with avocado, tbsp ole fat hummus, tbsp salsa. Yogurt with banana, tbsp cashews and pinch pumpkin seeds

S. A few nuts

D. 2 vege sausages, pepper courgette and red onion stew in tomato sauce, greens and leeks, 2 plums

Last edited:
Hi Georgina, sorry I have no idea as the sausage post was posted in May 2014, however I have been looking around for Filling and healthy vege sausages and so far not got anywhere, the best I fiund for vegetarians is Asda or Sainsurys vege mince, it will have to do for the time being!

Yesterday I had dinner out, 3 courses including pudding and one glass of wine. Blown all my weekly points but luckily I also had a few extra activity points to use up. However am all outpointed now and need to plan my F&H no points day (class and WI tomorrow, thankfully).

So so this is what I am thinking:

B. 1 tbsp toasted oats, chopped banana, strawberries and blueberries in 0% Greek yogurt
L. 2 eggs and mushrooms, toasted crumpet, pear
D. Lentil and vegetable soup, salad, orange

I am going for a keep fit class too so I can get a few activity points under my belt, if I do I shall add a bit of grated Parmesan to the soup.

Back