Cathys Dukan diary

Bubblemum

Silver Member
Day 1 proper.

Well that was really yummy, I just had my first galette, it was a bit of a mess looks wise but it tasted fantastic. I put some mixed herbs into the batter and a bit of salt and pepper. I am really pleased with it. Next time I may try it in the oven instead. I had it with ham and cottage cheese sprinkled with chili powder and cumin powder, what a lovely brunch.
Just going to have a cuppa now then get on with some work. Dinner tonight is roast chicken, It is going to be difficult becuase I know everyone willl be saying " oh have a yorkshire, have a potato, just one" but I will resist. I will do the attack phase till I crave tomatoes and onions lol, then I will cave I think.
Well thats all for today wow, I am stuffed :D

hello diary :D I think having a diary is a great idea on here x
ooh good on the galette, low and slow is the way to go. mine take about 10 mins to cook!!!! ive made mine this morning for the week.

yes tomatoes and onions were what i was craving too. you can have shallot to cook with on pp though xxx

Oh can I , nice, I dont have any though lol, will get dh to get me some tomorrow. =)

yes and gherkins ;)

Ooooh gerkins eh? will get them next week for a bit of variety lol.

be careful with the gherkins - you can only have them as a garnish and not as a side order :D....same with shallots...

I used a little amount of chopped onion instead of shallots - probably a big no no - but I had them in and it was easier than trawling around for shallots :).... it didn't seem to hurt x

Oh well yesterday was a disaster, anyway its Monday and its the 2nd of August, day 1 lol. I had muffins and bits of yesterdays chicken for breakfast. Feel a bit sick now. I am so tired today, I wish I could go to bed early and then have a lie in.I was working late then Emma got up early and I had just gone back off to sleep fron Dh going off to work at 6.30. I feel really unmotivated today, I really need my book to come. If that came I could read the diet properly, I only have bits on the laptop and mostly have to come on here to get information, or just read the threads for inspiration to keep me going. It had better come today or I will be furious. I ordered it from play.com which usually comes really quickly.
Tonight I am going to make some orange wine, goodness knows what that will be like, but I have all the stuff, except sugar so dh is getting that . It should be ready for New year lol.

orange wine??? oooh.
(sorry turst me to pick out the wine lol)
Im in same boat today demotivated and tired.
Lets pick ourselves up. get yourself on Play and track that damn book!!!

i'm tired today too.... i find parts of the book confusing probably just me and my carb free brain...hope yours turns up soon Cathy.

what you finding confusing?

he doesnt allow alcohol (amd im a lush). its strictly not allowed until conso hon x

Nice 1.. not long to go 4 me then!!:rolleyes: Honestly tho I find he waffles a bit and goes off on things so i end up re reading.

oh yes he is a waffler and its very repetitive!!!

Lol as with the Atkins book I will ear mark the pages I need for inspiration lol, I skip over things pick bits out, save them for later, and to come back to, he waffled a lot too, but the basics were the bits i Kept going back to. I suppose where alcohol is concerned, it may just hamper your efforts a bit, but if you are responding to the diet well , then a wee bit might be ok, I had wine on Saturday night not a lot just a couple of glasses, but I will save it for once a week and if I want to loose quicker I just wont have any.
I think if this is going to be a whole new way of eating for the rest of your life, then its difficult to just stop what you have been doing for years, you cant just drop all the bad habits just like that, well I cant , not with my lack of will power, but I will try my hardest to change my eating habits and hope eventually that I will stick to this way of eating because it suits me and accept that sometimes I will have the odd slip up.

Yes i put little markers in the book - especially the recipes.
I dont think i could ever go back to eating carbs every meal every day now anyway!

Me neither, slimming world totally put me off pasta and probably rice for ever, I'm not keen on potatoes either, Yes I like cake and sweet stuff, but really am just as happy with yogurt and fruit, or a sugar free sweet to suck on(damn wish I had thought of them when I went shopping, just for when I feel like caving in lol). But I couldnt do Atkins because I prefer low fat, always have so this is my perfect diet really, its just the getting used to the recipes, they are mostly new to me, but I love cooking and experimenting so should be ok. eventually lol.

ah lol. if you enjoy cooking then thats one battle down. I totally overdid the carbs on sw too lol. not a fan of rice, but pasta and sw chips yes!

oh I did like SW chips though , plenty vinegar mmm, stop it stop it!

Yay big news my book came, so I am off to read it once I have tidied the house a bit. Make it look like I have done something lol.

Think I am going to try for 5 days of attack

WOOP!!! the book has arrived :D
you will be unable to put it down so yes get your chores done first!

Back