Cauli mash

letsgetlosing

Wow. All I can say is that it is an amazing substitute for potato! Really really yummy!

So easy, I boiled up 150g of Cauli, for about 10 mins until soft, added butter and salt and lots of black pepper. Then a stick blended it for a few seconds. I am going to make a cottage pie with this for sure.

can you use frozen cauli?

Good question, I'd like to know too since I have a bag of the stuff in my freezer and do you grate it first or after its defrosted?

For the mash I didn't grate , I blended it once cooked so frozen will work just as well :)

excellent!! And I am going to follow you too with a Shepherds pie next week for tea!! Oh happy days!! :D

Attachments

• image-3455616426.jpg
    image-3455616426.jpg
    360 KB · Views: 148
Going to try this for my dinner tonight, looks yummy

You won't regret it!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Smelly lovely in my kitchen right now, I've got chicken breast smoothered in garlic and butter wrapped in foil and roasted in the oven, with cauli mash with cheese melted in top and and broccoli yum yum

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using MiniMins

Cauli mash was amazing even though I only got to eat a tiny taste of it as my 17 month old daughter ate it all and as she hadn't eaten all day (not well) I couldn't refuse her. But will be having it again soon, maybe as a cottage pie

Aw too cute re your little one :) I'm working on fort nights meal plan for when I start week after next n this is defo going on the list!

Is this suitable for induction phase? And how much can you have and how many carbs would it contain? Sorry for all the q's x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Yes suitable for induction - how many carbs depends on how much you have! Cauliflower is about 6g per 200g raw.

Back